Women: Do you weigh in on your periods?

Options
1235»

Replies

• michelgem
    michelgem Posts: 18
    Options
    Have you seen these boards? Women weigh in about their periods all. the. stinking. time! OH look, here's another one!

sorry if it bothers you that much.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself during those times, but I always have a couple (1 or 2) to a few (5 or more) pounds on me from the couple days of cravings to the water weight I put on. But as soon as I'm done with it, I have "lost" several pounds.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I only weigh my self when I know its all over. Even other times that I feel bloated I stay off the scale . No need to make my self feel bad when I know if I look at the big picture I am going down in weight. The little ups and downs are not what matters its your over all progress.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I usually do not. I will make sure I don't stop eating normally/working out, but I'm not that mean to myself. LOL! It's always an inaccurate number that bums me out, so I stick with it, and weigh in the following Friday. I shall be doing that THIS week. :-) I've already put on a pound and a half that I know is the wicked witch. LOL
  • MsAziz
    MsAziz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooO! don't do it women!
  • KansasRain
    Options
    i get bloated VERY bloated on my period and i ALWAYS give into the chocolate cravings. sadly for me a whole WEEK before i even start my body is bloated and i have the usual pms and then when my period starts it gets even worse and i bloat even more for another 3-5 days. i weigh myself though, i like to track my weight every day several times a day just to simply know how my body is changing. im 279 but today i weighed in at 285 before i even ate anything all thanks to my period. ugh and my food intake has been HORRIBLE! plus the last week or so i haven't even been exercising im just glad i hadn't gained any weight back except for the water weight
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Did it this morning :) My losses usually aren't as big as other weeks but I haven't gone up yet. (I usually weight myself almost every day but my official weigh in is monday morning - I don't get discouraged by fluctuations, it just helps me keep on track)
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh daily, no matter what. No better way to track trends then to have historical data to back up the numbers.

up AND down in Minnesota,
    Jennifer
  • charitygracejohnson
    Options
    Yes I do. I know I may weigh more but I also have weighed less. TOM comes and goes every month but my new healthy life is what I am going to focus on not some temporary numbers on a scale.
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    Yes. I do. I usually weight a bit more... but it helps me to see it. Plus, sometimes I can maintain and not gain and I love those months..
  • helse
    helse Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can be up to 5lbs heavier but I weigh every Friday morning regardless. I know what to expect, so its not TOO disheartening.

2190388.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh in - and usually if I can stay on track/not give into the cravings I can lose during TOM - because the week before I usually always am up or have not lost due to water weight - it's so frustrating!!
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    I need your help girls...I am on my period and I am usually 2lbs heavier but this morning I checked and I am only 1lb off my usual weight, do you think that this means I have lost 1lb?
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No. Too depressing,
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I do, because I'm interested in how my weight fluctuates. Lately, it hasn't been going up during my period, just holding steady. I think the changes in my lifestyle have affected this and the lack of indulging in salty snacks that was typical a few months ago for me.
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I'm so glad that I found this post! I weigh in every Friday without fail and I've been doing very well this week... was so proud of myself. I knew my period was going to start on Saturday and when I weighed in this Friday, I was down 0.4 lbs. I know that every little bit counts, but I was so discouraged. I've been losing at least 2 lbs consistantly. Someone mentioned to me that it could be my period, but I didn't want to be making excuses for myself. Now that I'm reading through some of these comments, I'm thinking that it might be valid. Whew!!! I'm so relieved!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yes, this week I lost 2.6lbs. Doesn't seem to affect my weight.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I always seem to gain around 4 pounds... so... no. :-)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I gain the week before actually and went up 4 lbs.. I still have mine but its last day and very light and already the 4lbs of water that went on has gone back off PLUS an additional 2 lbs so I'm now 2 lb lighter than the weight I was just before water went on.

It will come back off again, its only temp gain so I never bother recording it, losing anything the rest of the month seems harder for me than losing at TOTM!
  • Bif425
    Bif425 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if we use more calories during our period? And how many? Surely all of the muscle contractions and forming a new lining must use more energy than on a "normal" day?