Do people's avatars make a difference to how you see them?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't judge others by their avatars but, sometimes I do make a new friend if they have an avatar of something that I'm am into, like Dr. Who! :)

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO! ♥

I love David Tennant, does that count?

He is my perfect man, it's slightly scary.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    I like keeping my "real pictures" tucked away in my profile. That way, I'm "here" but it reduces the chance that a casual acquaintance, friend of a friend, co-worker etc. might stumble across some embarrassing post I've made about cellulite or something. :)

I do the same. :smile:

Good idea and I should do the same!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    No matter what someone's avatar is I'm still going to remain friendless so I pay it no mind.

Major bummer. Those abs would look awesome on my newsfeed. :tongue:
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    I don't judge others by their avatars but, sometimes I do make a new friend if they have an avatar of something that I'm am into, like Dr. Who! :)

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO! ♥

David is heavenly ♥
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO! ♥

David is heavenly ♥

Hands off, he's mine.

(My own....my preciousssssssssssss)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much.

My avatar was loaded by my 17 year old daughter after a recent holiday to Hawaii. She told me to be proud of the way I look "at my age". I always love that add on!

You look amazing.
  • duharvalgt
    duharvalgt Posts: 320
    Options
    Not especially but funny ones are appreciated :laugh:
  • kaotika
    kaotika Posts: 34
    Options
    I like my chubby penguin! Makes me smile :D

Maybe when I get to my goal weight, I'll find a pic of a fit penguin and do a before / after :D LOL
  • azazelrabbit
    Options

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO! ♥

David is heavenly ♥

Hands off, he's mine.

(My own....my preciousssssssssssss)

It's on! Come at me, bro'.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't judge people by their avatars, but I do like people who put actual pictures of themselves. It seems like a more personal touch.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I changed my picture just so I could post here.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I like my chubby penguin! Makes me smile :D

Maybe when I get to my goal weight, I'll find a pic of a fit penguin and do a before / after :D LOL

I like your chubby penguin too!!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I don't judge people's pictures based on their weight - we're all here to fix our lifestyles anyway. I find that I can't help but judge the guys who have pictures of themselves flexing topless in front of a mirror. I know that everyone with success stories on MFP uses some sort of picture to show of their body (and I'm sure I will too), and that's all that these guys are doing. However, I can't help but associate those sort of pictures with the sort of guys who post pictures like that on their facebook profile picture, most of which (not all) tend to be the conceited-jerk type
    I take offense to this. Just because I dont have ab pics up, doesnt mean I'm not a conceited-jerk.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't avoid someone without an avatar of themselves, but then I don't use one myself. I make snap judgements equally regardless of what the avatar is haha.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I don't judge people's pictures based on their weight - we're all here to fix our lifestyles anyway. I find that I can't help but judge the guys who have pictures of themselves flexing topless in front of a mirror. I know that everyone with success stories on MFP uses some sort of picture to show of their body (and I'm sure I will too), and that's all that these guys are doing. However, I can't help but associate those sort of pictures with the sort of guys who post pictures like that on their facebook profile picture, most of which (not all) tend to be the conceited-jerk type
    Why yuo mad though?
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't really care unless the person has a picture of a character that I like or something and then I gravitate to them, because I know we have more in common in addition to diet & fitness.

Gaara is your avatar so you must be coo. :laugh:
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I read the articles.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I like keeping my "real pictures" tucked away in my profile. That way, I'm "here" but it reduces the chance that a casual acquaintance, friend of a friend, co-worker etc. might stumble across some embarrassing post I've made about cellulite or something. :)

I do the same. :smile:

Me too!:laugh:
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I definitely dont judge based on what people look like, but I do like the recognition of knowing whose on the board. Mine is a pic of me. I was feeling wicked hot that day, so i used it. Give me a week or two, and it will probably be a kitty picture :)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I love looking at the variety of avatars that people come up with, but I will admit that there were a couple of friend requests that I turned down primarily based on the avatar photo - I know it's shallow, but they pics were really creepy and I could not see myself looking at them everyday, so I took the easy way out. I much prefer a cuddly bunny over a scull.