Let Me Eat Cake! 1 Serving Recipe Mix

Options
GBO323
GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
Ever want cake and don't wanna bake a whole one and risk going off plan? Or you don't want to pay $2.00 for one instant cake when you can have a bunch of them for the same amount of money?

A dear friend of mine on the calorie counting journey shared this with me...I've tweaked it slightly and I'm HOOKED!

1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix. This is required.
1 Box of Any Flavored Cake Mix...I use the Milk Chocolate flavor! Yellow Butter Creme flavor is good too.

Pour both dry mixes together in a large Ziploc bag and shake/blend VERY well.

When ready for cake, grab a good sized coffee mug and add 3 tablespoons of the cake mix along with 2 tablespoons of water. Mix until frothy. Place in microwave for 1 minute. It will rise about halfway through and fall back.

Let cool for a few minutes. It will be hot!

Voila! One cake is a mere 140 calories.

One bonus is...if you really have calories to spare, it can easily be double for a 280 calorie sweet treat. Just make sure you have a big enough cup to microwave it in.

Now here are the variations:

Instead of water, use Sugar Free Coffee Syrup (Torani, for example). Vanilla goes with most flavors. Adds a sweet flavor kick for ZERO added calories;

Place a tablespoon of chocolate chips or peanut butter chips in the bottom of the cup before adding the mix. Adds 80 calories. or go with a teaspoon for just 25-ish calories.

Definitely wanted to share this with MFP friends.

Replies