Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i cannot wait to try this.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I have made this with carrot cake mix and angel food and it is delicious! One hint someone else said was to be sure that the cake mixes have the same amount of servings. Some mixes have 12 and some 14. I think, too, that you will need to figure out the calories of other cake mixes as some are more/less than others, but this is good to have a figure to start with. I have mine with Reddi-Whip (only 5 cals per T). Delish!!!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    After my initial trials went so successfully, I went to Kroger and bought a "variety" of cake flavors. Now we have ziploc baggies of:

White
    Butter Yellow
    Milk Chocolate
    Chocolate Fudge
    Carrot Cake.

For the optionals, there is a bag of milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips when the cake needs an assist. LOL!

I divided the mixes into twosies so I can have one bag for home and the other to take to work. We do alot of parties and this will let me have MY cake too. :)

FYI, this is the same recipe as the 3-2-1 recipe(with my slight tweaks), but I like my Recipe Name better. It gives me permission to enjoy" excess within control, McKenna!"
  • anwscott
    anwscott Posts: 28
    Options
    This is so awesome. Now if i could find a single serving butter cream frosting recipe :)
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us. I am getting an Angel food cake mix when I go to the store!!!!!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing; this sounds great & I can't wait to try it!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rrametes
    rrametes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing.
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    After my initial trials went so successfully, I went to Kroger and bought a "variety" of cake flavors. Now we have ziploc baggies of:

White
    Butter Yellow
    Milk Chocolate
    Chocolate Fudge
    Carrot Cake.

For the optionals, there is a bag of milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips when the cake needs an assist. LOL!

I divided the mixes into twosies so I can have one bag for home and the other to take to work. We do alot of parties and this will let me have MY cake too. :)

FYI, this is the same recipe as the 3-2-1 recipe(with my slight tweaks), but I like my Recipe Name better. It gives me permission to enjoy" excess within control, McKenna!"
    You're hilarious with all your cake mixes! But prepared you will be:tongue: when that urge strikes. Great idea to take a bag to work with you as well!!:bigsmile:

I like both the recipe names! Yours makes perfect sense but I do like the idea of a cake called 3-2-1...both are clever:smokin:
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good to know
  • monkeydoodle
    monkeydoodle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . .