hypoglycemia becoming MORE pronounced?

Since I've started working out regularly and paying more attention to my diet, trying harder to get more protein, etc, I've noticed something weird. I've always tended a bit toward "reactive hypoglycemia" - not enough to warrant treatment or anything, just something that's been there. But lately it's been WAY more pronounced. It's like my body quickly got used to having more fuel and now it's demanding it, and loudly! And on days like today, when I have too many carbs and not enough protein, or days when I work out hard without eating enough first, there's no getting around the fact that my brain gets to be a real mess (groggy, a little dizzy).

I am going in for a checkup soon and a round of bloodwork - I'm just curious whether anyone else has noticed the same thing?

Replies

• Hi, the same thing has happened to me. It's like my body goes haywire for no reason. I have no desire to eat at times but know I need to because I'll start feeling the shakes come on or a dizzy spell. I try to eat every few hours to counteract this the best I can.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Yeh .. i am the same way. When i cut my calories in any way I really need to watch the type of food I eat .. especially if I am working out that day. I have to start the day with protien otherwise I am screwed. It makes it hard sometimes because you have to eat every couple of hours .. but you also have to watch your calories ..

I get soooo shaky and dizzy and angry. lol. Then you spend the rest of your day trying to even out. It bites.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    I'm considered borderline also & I've been experiencing the same, the dizzy spells & the eyes doing that weird crap is really getting on my nerves. I usually eat 5-6 small meals & between 1350-1450 cals daily & drink water, so it's not like I'm starving myself. However, in the last few days I can't even get going with the workouts, I upped my protein % today so I'll see if that helps. Oranges have natural sugars which may help both of you but unfortunately I'm allergic & there's no way I can have them, so I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    Thanks - glad to see I'm not crazy. LOL

... off to find the oranges....
  • jemurray03
    jemurray03 Posts: 2
    I've always noticed that about myself when I cut calories, but didn't know I wasn't the only one. It truly makes my "lifestyle" change harder and when I get shaky and foggy, sometimes I just have to cram food in to get back to feeling normal. Bummer.