Peanut Butter Fix without the Fat!

Options
I have just discovered PB2, a powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 tbsp PB2 with 1 tbsp water. 45 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 6 carbs, 5 protein (ONLY 1 WEIGHT WATCHER POINT). There is also a chocolate flavor that is even better! It is all natural - the only ingredients are dry roasted peanuts, sugar and salt. I love peanut butter but tend to eat way too much, so this is also portion control. I found it at Natural Foods Market but also saw it online at Vitacost.

If you love peanut butter, this is definitely the way to go to avoid the fat and calories! It doesn't sound great, but trust me - give it a try!

Replies

• hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    the main things i miss are chocolate and peanut butter so im def loving this! must try and find some!

oooh...have to try this..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=pd_lpo_ix_dp_am_us_uk_en_gl_drugstore?keywords=pb2 peanut butter uk&tag=lpo_ixdpamusukengl_drugstore-21&index=blended
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I bought it last week....its ok and does the trick...but it doesn't compare to real pb. But I'll eat for fewer calories and fat.
  • missy3479
    missy3479 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hazev74 if you miss chocolate then I found a trick. Please don't laugh. At Wal-Mart they have in the aisle with the peanut butter and nestle quick and chocolate syrup they have bottles of sugar free syrup such as chocolate, caramel, toffee, vanilla, cherry, white chocolate, and a few others with no calories, no carbs, no sugars, and its delicious! I trick my kids into thinking its chocolate milk. :laugh: A lot of people add this to their coffee however if I am drinking a vanilla protein shake I add a teaspoon and I am good to go. Here's the link. http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/sugar_free_flavored_syrups/?gclid=CJPjyfyXza4CFQqd7QodYWaf_g
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers got me hooked on this. His daughter mixes it with jelly and/or low-fat cream cheese for sandwiches or on celery. Yum.
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just use good whole earth crunchy peanut butter. Nothing wrong with the fats in it at all and it tastes great!
  • maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried this and Walden Farms, Peanut Spread and/or Better N' Peanut butter? I love peanut butter but it takes so many of my calories!
  • bluangelz
    bluangelz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    what store can you find this in, please? I have never heard of this.
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i love trader joe's better n peanut butter. as a matter of fact, i just ate a toasted, whole wheat bagel thin smeared with better n peanut butter, and layered w/ a medium banana. MMM! :]

i also own pb2... i like adding it, along with lime juice, sriracha, and fish sauce to my "asian" soup bases; the pb2 also tastes really yummy when it's mixed in with jelly, to make pb&j sandwiches.

you can make tasty peanut butter protein cookies, too, by mixing 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup apple sauce, and 1/4 cup pb2. bake for 10 minutes at 350* C.
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I LOVE peanut butter!!!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    PB2 is the best!!! Lately, I have been putting 2T in a ramekin, with one Packet Truvia and then water until it is a nice smooth consistency. Then I slice up a crisp Fuji apple and dip it into my PB2 mixture - it is to die for good, a filling snack and only like 150 calories for the whole thing!!!
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can bring myself to try the powdered peanut butter, but I eat low sodium Better N' Peanut Butter ALL the time. I like it better than normal peanut butter...it's so delicious. I had been getting it at Target for something like 7 dollars...but then yesterday I discovered they have it at Trader Joe's for way less than that. Score.

Anyone tried this and Walden Farms, Peanut Spread and/or Better N' Peanut butter? I love peanut butter but it takes so many of my calories!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of PB2 either... I guess it's one of those love it or hate it kind of things and you won't know which side you're on until you try it. A lot of people seem to like it in their smoothies. Better 'n Peanut Butter has a strange aftertaste to me so it's just sitting in my fridge. I just really love the real thing--100% natural peanut butter. Trader Joe's and Target also have Natural PB mixed with flaxseeds... so good!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It's the fats in regular peanut butter you don't want. Hydrogenated palm oil is poison and you don't need sugar on peanuts. Try grinding peanuts yourself or find a natural peanut butter that doesn't have anything else in it. Kroger brand natural peanut butter is actually good. Watch out for 'organic' foods, they're not necessarily what you think they are. Read the ingredients. If you can't pronounce it, do not put it in your mouth!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I bought some and tried. I didn't like it a whole lot. I'm going to try eating some again, but I dunno. I also tried mixing it with greek yogurt and it was icky that way.

I'm super picky with my peanut butter though. I have only ever liked the Peter Pan brand.
  • akbatchelder
    Options
    I did and it was horrible. I threw the whole jar away. YUK!
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    THey sell PB@ at the gym I go to. THey have a juice bar there and sell all sorts of stuff. I've been thinking of trying it.
  • kazzamcamille
    kazzamcamille Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    do you find it scary to eat something that was made to taste like the real thing?? What are the ingredients and what chemical are in that?? I will stick to my all natural peanut butter from the publix deli. Its is 100 % roasted peanuts ground, no added sugar, salt, oil, or chemicals. I say stick to natural foods and avoid these man made taste alikes. Moderation.
  • TagaMigi
    TagaMigi Posts: 13
    Options
    Hazev74 if you miss chocolate then I found a trick. Please don't laugh. At Wal-Mart they have in the aisle with the peanut butter and nestle quick and chocolate syrup they have bottles of sugar free syrup such as chocolate, caramel, toffee, vanilla, cherry, white chocolate, and a few others with no calories, no carbs, no sugars, and its delicious! I trick my kids into thinking its chocolate milk. :laugh: A lot of people add this to their coffee however if I am drinking a vanilla protein shake I add a teaspoon and I am good to go. Here's the link. http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/sugar_free_flavored_syrups/?gclid=CJPjyfyXza4CFQqd7QodYWaf_g

Thanks for sharing was looking for something low cal for shakes
    !
  • TagaMigi
    TagaMigi Posts: 13
    Options
    i love trader joe's better n peanut butter. as a matter of fact, i just ate a toasted, whole wheat bagel thin smeared with better n peanut butter, and layered w/ a medium banana. MMM! :]

i also own pb2... i like adding it, along with lime juice, sriracha, and fish sauce to my "asian" soup bases; the pb2 also tastes really yummy when it's mixed in with jelly, to make pb&j sandwiches.

you can make tasty peanut butter protein cookies, too, by mixing 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup apple sauce, and 1/4 cup pb2. bake for 10 minutes at 350* C.

cookies sound good need to try