Best blender for smoothies?

Options

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. Most used thing in my kitchen...even more than my prized coffee maker. Costco has the best price!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Magic Bullet baby!! Makes the smoothy right in your own cup! It's great for portion control.

:heart: I used a Magic Bullet and LOVED it making pureed food for an elderly client. I had No Idea it would crush Ice!!
  • ShesReady2Live
    Options
    If you cannot afford to spend alot of money and want to make sure you don't go overboard when making them, try the GE single serve blender. I have used it for over a year now almost every day and it works great! Came with extra cups and lids and it only cost about twenty dollars. Hope that helps.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    NUTRIBULLET - simple - it is the best - easy to clean and it breaks everything down so no pulp to throw out - comes with a pocket nutritionist booklet as well as a recipe book - sells for $99 in Kohl's & Target and if you have a coupon you get it down to $64 and worth every penny - do not purchase from the website as it is more money !
  • tambruner
    tambruner Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a Sunbeam single serve that mixes right in the cup you drink out of. Mix my shake mix with ice and it comes out just like a shake from Braums :) No ice chunks in the bottom and easy clean up.
  • allylbrown
    allylbrown Posts: 71
    Options
    Vitamix..love it
  • Tiffanie0407
    Tiffanie0407 Posts: 112
    Options
    It really doesn't matter what type of blender you have i make smoothies all the time at home and i spent $22 on mine from family dollar maybe its easy for me because i work for a smoothie place, but the vita mix are expensive go to family dollar and get that $22 blender i've had mine since 2007 and it still works and i do 2 smoothies a day majority of the time
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I to hated cleaning the blender until I got a kitchen aid blender and the directions said to clean you just add water and soap and then blend it. Rinse it out and voila effortlessly clean. Love my kitchen aid, I was able to find a great sale on it and a stand mixer.
    I have a Kitchen Aid blender, also and I love it!!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet, and I've never had any issues with it. Love it!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja 900 watt..had it for a couple of months now and haven't had any problems with it..:wink:
  • Tita1987
    Tita1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've recently been introduced to nutri-bullet, my mother purchased one to make herself all these green smoothies. i have 2 blender and they do not make smoothies like this one does. absolutely amazing.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    If you don't wanna spend the $$ for a Vitamix, go with the Ninja 1000! I LOVE mine. I broke my regular blender with this one banana bread recipe... I tried the same recipe in the Ninja (hoping I wouldn't break my new $100 blender... lol), but it smashed through it like it was nothing!! They have a kid that comes with a food processor AND the blender, too. I wish I had invested in that set. But even just the blender is amazing!

I have the whole set! It was a Christmas gift.

I love all of my Ninja products. <3
  • MrsSandra
    MrsSandra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I first bought the NutriBlast and it worked OK for about 4 months, I had to keep replacing the blade and each blade leaked brown fluid. They never sent me the blades they said they would, I ended up spending close to 25 dollars ever other month for new blades to be sent, In the end I could have just bought the vitamix.

Costco has the vitamix for best price. But QVC offers payments.

Finally bought the vitamix from Costco, we bought the cheapest one.

Iv seen them offered on Craigs list as well.

Vitamix is THE BEST. Turns everything into a juice, no chunks, unless you want them.

I blend hard items : raw beets, ginger root, apples, kale...so I needed something more powerful.

My daughter makes frozen yogurt in it, takes her just a few minutes. Tastes yummy

Iv made the tortilla soup recipe that it comes with...SO GOOD

Worth the price.... wish I had bought it in the first place before trying all the cheaper versions....
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Smoothie, anyone!? Reading all these posts made me want a Smoothie! Plus, I have a lot of Great Info on what Blender / Smoothie Maker to buy!!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    VITAMIX, 5 years old and used every day, most days many times
  • Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a Kitchen Aide and it's awesome. I have never tried the others mentioned in above comments, except the cheaper $20 walmart models (which those didn't get the smoothies "smooth" at the time I bought mine about 10 years ago). Love my blender. I think it every time I make a daquiri or smoothie.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I used the magic bullet
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    VITAMIX, 5 years old and used every day, most days many times

I second the good advice from Agate69^!
  • bethany_bow
    Options
    My sunbeam blender is amazing; i love that it has function buttons like smoothie, cocktail, and puree... When shopping just ask for one that makes cocktails - if it can blend ice it will blend spinach and all those other chunky nuisances! ;)
  • k1w1belle
    k1w1belle Posts: 1
    Options
    i own a vitamix. it is the most amazing thing ive ever purchased.

^^ AGREE a 1000 times over

Me too, I've had many Blenders over the years but always wanted a Vitamix , it was the cost that put me off.Ivehad mine now a few years and its AWESOME