:laugh: :laugh:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. You may die.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your daily calorie goal. I say EAT IT and don't feel guilty. Now, don't go eating three of these in one week (like my boyfriend, ugh). But treating yourself is a must I believe. Now I want a fajita lol.

Oh and if you go over your calorie goal for 1 day it won't kill you
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Make burrito's for dinner and swap in healthier choices...here is a link to the Hungry Girl website where they constantly come up with healtheir versions of our favourite restaurant meals.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1378
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about a giant dinner portion of chicken piccata. I make a 'light' version at home, but sometimes I just crave the kind from my fav italian place. It doesnt have to be unhealthy to still be good. Hang in there!
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know, you're all right, just have a damn burrito. The way I like it is 1,000 calories or so. Eat half? Maybe my appetite has really shrunk but not long ago I could still be hungry after eating an entire one of those monsters. No, if I do this I'll plan on eating the whole thing.

So what's the problem? Add another workout and treat it like it's a normal dinner. Here' the thing. These burritos symbolize my prior dietary excess. I'm fearful eating one will be like going through an exit door. I simply don't want to go back to where I was. My personality tends to be all or nothing.

Is there anyone else who has a food that's a symbol of excess that ignites irrational fears in them? Have you over come it?

Thanks for your responses and I apologize to those I've given appetite.

Don't deprive yourself while overcoming that old demon. Have a burrito bowl instead of the tortilla. It becomes a fork meal and slows down the eating. If you really want to make changes, have lettuce instead of rice and/or skip the sour cream and cheese. But making a simple switch to the burrito bowl is a success! I LOVE CHIPOTLE! #*$#*$&#*$&#$ YOU!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what they taste like (Chipotle burrito, that is) . All my Mexican food is made with Old El Paso kits, or I'll put home-made beef chili in a wrap (or occasionally I'll frequent Chiquito's, but very occasionally) - but, as I am fond of the Mexican food I do get the impression that I would absolutely love them.

Thank God I'm having fajitas tonight, else I'd be go mad thinking about it.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajita from Chipotle... OMNOMS!

And only a measly 1400 calories too! :bigsmile:

Lol that's one of my weakness. Too bad the only Chipotle I know about is up where my bf lives, we only have Moe's here. Guess I know what I'm having for lunch :D
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burritos are sodium bombs... so YES budget the calories, however drink lots of water and for the next few days, I wouldn't weight yourself... Other than that... ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT!!!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    then eat one, lol. now I want one, thanks a lot, haha
  • firemama
    firemama Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What if you just make your own burrito, in a healthier and ligher way? Make your our salsa, grill your chicken with cumin and chili powder, get light sour cream and light cheese then add black beans and you could have a burrito for half the calories. Experiment with the spices that they add to create your even better Chipotle chicken burrito with black beans, brown rice, corn salsa, sour cream and cheese. You might even be able to eat 2 burritos for the price of one. Or make is so good that you may never want a Chipotle chicken burrito again. Or you could just eat the burrito and work it off.

Good luck!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    fun fact for those that worry about burning calories and what they eat... it takes 4 hours to naturally (no exercise) burn the calories in a tic tac. if we all lived our lives worried about foolishness like this where does it end... think about it,

Sorry but that's complete BS.

A Tic Tac has about 2 calories.

A typical 200lb guy has a TDEE usually somwhere around 2500-3000 calories a day. Doing no exercise, a that guy would burn off at least 100 calories per hour.

In other words, you could eat 50 tic tacs, then just go about your day and in 1 hour you'd have burned off that energy.

In other-other words, you burn off a single tic tac in about 2-3 minutes.
  • TaraNeecole
    Options
    It's all about portion control... Okay, so it's easier said than done but it's true. Don't deprive yourself but don't go crazy either.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    fun fact for those that worry about burning calories and what they eat... it takes 4 hours to naturally (no exercise) burn the calories in a tic tac. if we all lived our lives worried about foolishness like this where does it end... think about it,

Bah ha ha ha!!!!!!! This is great. It's like the one about bones shrinking when you lose weight. Or peeing out fat.....

What the _ _ _ _?
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just had a relatively healthy lunch of marinated skinless chicken thighs, celery and hummus. But the whole time I sat there thinking about tomorrow's burrito. I'm still working on the guest list but I already have my clothes laid out.

My friends say I take things a little too seriously. I don't know what they're talking about.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options

Sorry but that's complete BS.

A Tic Tac has about 2 calories.

A typical 200lb guy has a TDEE usually somwhere around 2500-3000 calories a day. Doing no exercise, a that guy would burn off at least 100 calories per hour.

In other words, you could eat 50 tic tacs, then just go about your day and in 1 hour you'd have burned off that energy.

In other-other words, you burn off a single tic tac in about 2-3 minutes.

this info goes to show u that even doctors are stupid... lol because that is what more then one has told me... one guy told me and i asked another and he said it was true. lol i found it hard to believe myself but i didnt go to school for 8 years so believed them. go figure
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on the guest list but I already have my clothes laid out.

My friends say I take things a little too seriously. I don't know what they're talking about.

You are endlessly amusing.

Where's my invite?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know, you're all right, just have a damn burrito. The way I like it is 1,000 calories or so. Eat half? Maybe my appetite has really shrunk but not long ago I could still be hungry after eating an entire one of those monsters. No, if I do this I'll plan on eating the whole thing.

So what's the problem? Add another workout and treat it like it's a normal dinner. Here' the thing. These burritos symbolize my prior dietary excess. I'm fearful eating one will be like going through an exit door. I simply don't want to go back to where I was. My personality tends to be all or nothing.

Is there anyone else who has a food that's a symbol of excess that ignites irrational fears in them? Have you over come it?

Thanks for your responses and I apologize to those I've given appetite.

I know what you mean but yes I have had foods that were symbols of excess and I did manage just fine by either budgeting for it, or eating maintenance, or even going a bit over and just not doing it EVERY week like I used to.

I also cut a few things out of my chipotle - I used to get cheese and sour cream and guac and I've decided I can never taste the cheese as more than something slightly gooey and the avocao and sour cream flavors get too intermingled so I just choose to have one or the other and enjoy the taste of it.

There is one really big thing for me which is that I *EXERCISE* now. I could eat the same number of calories now that I would have GAINED or MAINTAINED on before and lose weight because I exercise, make a point of walking around, make a point of standing up as often as I can manage it, go get more water/coffee, etc. I am INFINITY times more active than I was before because before my activity level was Zippo.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on the guest list but I already have my clothes laid out.

You are endlessly amusing.

Where's my invite?

I'll have you know I've been to the Chipotle in Riverside. I've also been to the one in Upland, Mira Loma and one of the ones in Rancho Cucamonga. I would have to say Upland was my favorite but Riverside wasn't bad.

I've decided I'll be going to the one in Mission Viejo tomorrow for nostalgia sake I've had more burritos in that one place than anywhere else. I want to get there early before the lunchtime rush.