I Need A #(@$& Burrito!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• OliveJuice1984
    Options
    Not just any burrito. I want a Chipotle chicken burrito with black beans, brown rice, corn salsa, sour cream and cheese. Should I have one?

Don't mean to tempt anyone, but last year I had 2-3 of these a week. I can't take it anymore, I want out.

That is EXACTLY what I get and *drool* that sounds soooooo good!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH..... I haven't had chipotle since I started this darn eating better stuff :sad: thanks now I want one :explode:

I say go for it! Work it off later, adjust your calorie intake for the day to include it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on the guest list but I already have my clothes laid out.

My friends say I take things a little too seriously. I don't know what they're talking about.

You are endlessly amusing.

Where's my invite?

I'll have you know I've been to the Chipotle in Riverside. I've also been to the one in Upland, Mira Loma and one of the ones in Rancho Cucamonga. I would have to say Upland was my favorite but Riverside wasn't bad.

I've decided I'll be going to the one in Mission Viejo tomorrow for nostalgia sake I've had more burritos in that one place than anywhere else. I want to get there early before the lunchtime rush.

Sounds like you may find yourself there when it opens.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    OK...so....I had the burrito, I didn't die or pass out, I didn't go over my calories for the day as I just exercised a little more and made room. I also didn't go back to my old ways...everything is fine. In fact...I think I learned having more calories early makes things easier

Thanks to all who cheered me on. Next time I think I'll be able to handle it myself.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Good to hear. Panic is rarely the answer.:flowerforyou:
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know, you're all right, just have a damn burrito. The way I like it is 1,000 calories or so. Eat half? Maybe my appetite has really shrunk but not long ago I could still be hungry after eating an entire one of those monsters. No, if I do this I'll plan on eating the whole thing.

So what's the problem? Add another workout and treat it like it's a normal dinner. Here' the thing. These burritos symbolize my prior dietary excess. I'm fearful eating one will be like going through an exit door. I simply don't want to go back to where I was. My personality tends to be all or nothing.

Is there anyone else who has a food that's a symbol of excess that ignites irrational fears in them? Have you over come it?

Thanks for your responses and I apologize to those I've given appetite.

Mine is Pizza.... any kind. If im not careful I can eat the whole thing :happy: I still have it quite often ( lunch today ) LOL..I just eat it in moderation now... with a nice big glass of water and I make sure I get my exercise in for the day.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I get the burrito bowl once in a while after a boxing workout. Just as satisfying, and without a lot of extras added, less than 500kcal.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Update on the Chipotle front. Despite all that trepidation, no, I didn't gain weight from the burrito or go off my healthy eating lifestyle. In fact, I continued to lose weight at the rate I've targeted. So I had a second burrito last week. Today I plan on having another.

When I do this, I don't go for the bowl, I do the full burrito as it just isn't the same for me. I also get a side of guac. The only concessions I make are half order of brown rice and I brink baked tortilla chips with me instead of having the deep fried you can get there. I also do it on a heavy exercise day.

Having a big meal like that seems to control me for the rest of the day. The best thing is, not depriving myself makes me feel I can stick to healthy eating permanently.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I was seriously just telling my husband this yesterday lol!
  • waferzdog
    waferzdog Posts: 29
    Options
    Yum - I LOVE Chipolte (did I spell that right?) - I budget for it and go - if you deprive yourself you might do more damage than good.