anyone else sneak in workouts all day?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
i know this may sound weird but during bathroom breaks at work i try to do some lunges or standing ab moves i figure its a way to add some extra burn and strength!

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh that is too funny. I do the same thing. Or if I am standing at the copier for a long time, I will start punching the air. My co-workers think that I am just goofy, but I figure that I want to move as much as I can.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've gotten in the habit of doing a few 1 minute planks when I'm in front of the TV. I also do lunges sometimes walking from room to room. I'm home alone or with kids, so I really don't care if I look silly.
  • helen26512
    Options
    I work as a nanny and when ever the kids are alseep i do a short work out. The kids just laugh at me when im dancing around the house with them. Also when im baby sitting and the adverts come on the telly i will either do abs or jogging on the spot or sum squats. Its nice to know there are other people like me out there!! x
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    ohhh this made me laugh. I always do squats & lunges at work during bathroom breaks..thought I would be the only one haha
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I do it whenever I have the energy to! Nothing wrong with getting a little extra movement in every day!
  • DreamiJeani
    Options
    why not? every freakin fitness/beauty magazine out there says to... Keep it up! it IS a good idea. just like parking far away and taking the stairs when you can

On a personal note I dont read those magazines anymore cause they only make me feel inadequate and ugly.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    From time to time...but not consistantly...we should have a thread where we post our little sneaky workouts...might be fun to read fun ways people get it in. :)
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I used to do this! hehe Everytime I'd go to the bathroom, I'd do squats. Then when I was alone in my office, I'd do squats, lunges and standing ab exercises. Then when everyone would leave for lunch, I'd do crunches and hula hoop. haha
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do this! My kids make it very difficult to get much exercise in (other then playing with them that is!) I tend to sneek in 10minute work outs when they are distracted with something !
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Haha nice... I do pushups at my desk when no one is looking <_<
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've gotten in the habit of doing a few 1 minute planks when I'm in front of the TV. I also do lunges sometimes walking from room to room. I'm home alone or with kids, so I really don't care if I look silly.

This reminds me of a Monty Python skit ...... (the walking lunges) :wink:

I walk during lunch. Right now the weather isn't cooperating, so I close my door & do a walking DVD. When I can walk outdoors ...we have a really nice hill (highway overpass). I've got tennis shoes & hand weights under my desk.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I do........lol I work in a body shop with 4 guys as the secretary so when they are gone to lunch or on errands I pull up youtube and do 10 min workouts! We call it operation twinkle toes!!!! lOL
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 20 minute walk on my break. Sometimes I run the stairs to the dungeon at work and even sneak in a minute or 2 of hard core jumping jacks to get the heart racing......(of course I do those in the dungeon
    huge storage basement that used to be a bomb shelter 50 years ago)....
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just recently, yes...I work from home, and every time the dogs need let out, I do chair dips and incline pushups while I'm waiting. I'm trying to build some upper body strength, and should be doing it every hour...dogs aren't quite on the hourly schedule, but it's close:laugh:
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    Hah, sometimes in the evening I sneak upstairs to do ab exercises in the breaks when we are watching TV! I make sure my parents don't find out though!
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I do squats at my desk every hour on the hour. It takes literally one minute. They can give me that. Haha!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I totally do the jabs, the speedbag, and squats when I got into the bathroom.

And when everyone else goes out for lunch and I stay in to do some extra work I usually do lunges in my cubicle or push-ups. That being said, this happens rarely because everyone at my work usually works through lunch.

Starting in the spring though I think my coworkers and I have decided to do some walks and stair climbing. Should be fun.
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My office is very close to the bathrooms and the break room. Some see that as a blessing, but it's not a blessing to my waist line. So everytime I need to go either place, I walk around the long way. One lap around my floor usually takes about 200 steps. Knowing that I have to take 200 steps and walk the long way around really makes me think if I truly want another cup of coffee :)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I foam roll in front of the tv. Do push ups while waiting for my coffee to brew. Do Zercher squats or back squats with a kid in my arms or on my shoulders. Calf raises on the steps.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do pushups in the bathroom and strectches in the office