Help me dress for an interview!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the twin set. A nice skirt or slacks in a neutral colour (navy, grey, black) and a twin/sweater set in a "gentle colour" (soft grey, powder blue, sage green). You can throw on a funky scarf or neat pin/brooch. That is appropriate work attire for a school secretary and it doesn't look like you are going to a funeral. You also don't have to worry about looking more dressed up than the principal. It is also very approachable. I work at a very "needy" school in a low income area and it is very important to not look too, um, "the man."
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for the great advice!!!! I ended up buying a fantastic black suit (with skirt) at Banana Republic and a pastel pink fitted blouse. It fits great, and looks really "SHARP." Even though I'm not typically a suit girl, I think you are all right - this occasion calls for a classic, professional look.
    I appreciate all the great feedback!!
    Wish me luck. The interview is next Tuesday! *as she tries to contain her nerves** :grumble:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    if i was a kid id try to get sent to the office, you better dress like an old maid, cause yer cute!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm a little late to say "Go for the suit" but I'm glad to see you chose to go the professional route and would like to be the first to say "Good luck!!!"
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Suit jacket with skirt or slacks. Everyone, male or female, should own one nice looking suit. Can buy separates at Sears or JC Penney that won't cost you an arm & a leg. Good luck!