Favorite foods that help you stick to your calorie goal...

Options
13»

Replies

• pootop
    pootop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jmp33
    jmp33 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like sugar snap peas, yogurt with bran buds, all fruits, veggie juices, rice cakes with pb.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I would be considerably lost without Instant Oatmeal. One of the best things I've ever tried at 160 cals. It doesn't get better than that! I also eat Special K Crackers frequently :) I also snack on Trader Joe's Plantain Chips whenever I get the chance! 20 chips that taste exactly like Ruffles for only 140 cals :D

Mmmm, I do love me some snacks ;)
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i recently found walden farms zero calorie salad dressings (even in ranch! haven't tried the ranch yet but the raspberry vinaigrette is delicious) and blue bunny's sweet freedom fudge popsicles that are only 35 calories!

i really like laughing cow cheese on crackers or tortilla chips (i like tostitos bite-size chips because i usually only need about 12 for 2 cheese wedges for a total of 140 calories), the light queso fresco & chipotle flavor is super good and a nice change from the light garlic & herb i've been buying.

also, Sara Lee's 45 Calories & Delightful bread is awesome -- with fat free kraft singles (35 cal) and zero calorie butter spray, a grilled cheese sandwich is a mere 125 calories.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Orvile Reddenbacher's Smart Pop, 94% Fat Free.
  • ntaylorut
    ntaylorut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My daily "go to" menu is:
    Jimmy Dean D-light breakfast sandwich - 210 cal
    frozen chicken breast - approx 110 cal
    celery - approx 20 cal w/ laughing cow cheese wedge - 35 cal
    pre packaged apple slices - 30 cal
    steamed broccoli - approx 35 cal
    pretzel sticks - 100 cal
    weight watcher cheese stick - 50 cal
    100 cal packs if I need a salty or sweet snack
    home made kale chips - approx 50 cal
    lettuce (I actually like to snack on lettuce) - approx 30 cal

If I need to eat fast food
    Taco Bell - chicken or steak fresca soft taco - 150 cal ea
    Subway - 6" turkey breast without cheese or sauce - 270 cal or 580 for a 12" w/ apple slices instead of chips (35 cal)

Eating at a sit down resturant
    I always order a salad first without croutons, cheese or dressing and then I use MFP to find the lowest calorie meal. Some places have calories on their menu and we try to eat at those places most of the time.
  • crzypurplechick
    Options
    almond milk is amazing!
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    some of my favorite are

sage valley organic light popcorn...you get over 2 2/3 cups for 120 calories
    steam in the bag edemames....they take a while to eat so its a mind over matter thing (it really works)
    i loved baked chips and slow churned icecream both about 120 calories per serving (but they are obivious snacks)
    blueberries and strawberries with light whipped cream
    or frozen grapes.......mmmmm

ok its too late to make myself want to snack...lol
  • crzypurplechick
    Options
    I like a cup of frozen blueberries, small banana, and a cup of vanilla flavored almond milk blended in a blender for a nice sweet shake in the mornings... one cup of almond milk is about 40 calories...

I love special K cracker chips, especially sea salt and cheddar cheese...

My FAVORITE low calorie snack is Chocolate dream peanutbutter, dark choc flavored, with a banana... The peanut butter is lower calorie than regular peanut butter, it also comes in white chocolate flavor....
  • nenar77
    nenar77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Atkins chocolate caramel mouse snack bar. 120 calories. 1gram of sugar(12g sugar alcohol). 3g protein. 9g fiber. 23 carbs:/
    It tastes like a milkyway candy bar! I work 12 hour shift at a hospital and around 4pm I get insane sugar/hunger crave. It works amazing. I got a doctor and some coworkers loving them too.
  • samanthajshep
    samanthajshep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like a cup of frozen blueberries, small banana, and a cup of vanilla flavored almond milk blended in a blender for a nice sweet shake in the mornings... one cup of almond milk is about 40 calories...

I love special K cracker chips, especially sea salt and cheddar cheese...

My FAVORITE low calorie snack is Chocolate dream peanutbutter, dark choc flavored, with a banana... The peanut butter is lower calorie than regular peanut butter, it also comes in white chocolate flavor....
    Ohmygosh! Totally stopping to get the dark chocolate dream peanut butter in my way home...have to try it! Thanks!
  • samanthajshep
    samanthajshep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I carry a ziploc bag of chocolate cheerios and peanut butter cheerios - 1 cup is about 150 calories and satisfies my sweet tooth (usually!)

Tried this today....thank you, thank you, thank you! It is like a Cheerio peanut butter cup...I am in heaven!