jillian Michaels 30 Day shred question....

Options
Ok so I am going to start it tonight, my only thought is how the heck do I know how many cals. I have burns at the end so thati can imput it in here right.
Thanks
:happy:

Replies

• Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have always logged her stuff as circuit training but I think that you burn an average of 200 calories or so for 20-30 minutes
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just offically started it this morning and I put it under general aerobics,not sure if that's right or not tho
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i logged mine under "circuit training". I really suggest buying an HRM so you can get exact calorie burn.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I use circuit training too...that's what they describe the workout as on the case!

Good luck...I have a love/hate relationship with it :)
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    i had the same questions, do i add it as general aerobices or what....? :frown: let me know what you find out :flowerforyou:
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I burned between 180-200 depending on my effort and using a HRM
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For Level 1, I put down 200 cals for 20 minutes, then for Level 2 about 260 cals. So, that would mean for Level 3, you would burn around 320 cals.
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    Ok so I am going to start it tonight, my only thought is how the heck do I know how many cals. I have burns at the end so thati can imput it in here right.
    Thanks
    :happy:

I was totally about to ask this question! I just got it too, I hope I don't end up throwing the DVD out the window!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you don't have an HRM, log it as circuit training and the amount of time.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    I bought a heart rate/calorie burner --- then you can track how many calries you really burn for any exercise... polaris ft4 ... you can get them on sale on the internet or buy one for more money at a sports store, etc.
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Getting a heart rate monitor for women that calculates calories burn based on your average heart rate is a wise investment. Circuit training does come close, but everyone works at different intensities, so it's best to know just how much *you* burn when you exercise.
  • DelSchro
    DelSchro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would really invest in a HRM to track it accurately. I recently got mine and I burn a lot more than what MFP says I do because my heart rate gets up pretty high.
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HRM is the best. I am on L1 Day 5 & I use my HRM everytime!! I've been buring over 200 calories. From start to finish its about 26.50 - 27min.
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For Level 1, I put down 200 cals for 20 minutes, then for Level 2 about 260 cals. So, that would mean for Level 3, you would burn around 320 cals.

on jillians Facebook page she said around 200cals for all levels x

i put it down as light aerobics (117 cals) so im not over estimating x
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    Use the MFP database for circut training and input your current weight and 20 minutes of a workout. Or get a heart rate monitor.
  • jbing07
    Options
    That is so weird that it would be the same for each level, because the endurance is different for each one.
  • jbing07
    Options
    Can you find HRM's at Walmart?
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i also put it under Circuit training, general in cardiovascular trainning
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Can you find HRM's at Walmart?

I got my HRM at Wal-Mart for about $30. I've done various exercises and compared to MFP and they are usually about the same (running, elliptical, etc) so I don't feel as bad relying on it for other workouts. I have done various P90X Workouts with it and started 30DS on 3/1/12.

30DS has been kicking my butt and I know my heart rate has been high so when my HRM says 350-425 I tend to believe it (some days I have more energy and push harder). I usually log it at 275 just to be safe but if all else fails I would use the circuit training in MFP.
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had to ask this question a couple of weeks ago to as i didnt know, and a lot of people said circuit training so i just put that but i knock off 5 mins as i do the easier version :D good luck x