Would you cheat? Part 2/rephrased

Options
NessasMommy081311
NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
Okay, so I have another thread on here that apparently is upsetting some people, so I am starting a new one and re phrasing the question....

Does your significant other's weight affect how you are attracted to them? Do you feel you would be more attracted to them if they lost/gained weight? I am asking because I am married, have gained a bit of weight since we got together, and now am trying to get back to what I weighed when we met. I've seen how my weight gain has affected our physical connection in our marriage, and want to know if anybody else has this issue...

Replies

• 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    First off... I would never cheat on my husband because of his weight. we have hd 2 childern togeher, and he too ha gained weight along with me durring both pregnancies. We both have a bond(as husbands and wives do) that nothing can change. I look at him better now, than I did when we first met 8 years ago! I would love him now.. or 3000 pounds from now. As far as you and your husbands physical connection since youve gained weight.. I dont know what to tell you. I know it must be hard... But this does not sound slike a marrage. Marrage is for better or worse... skinny to fat. I have gained 60 lbs since me and mine have ben married.. and we have more sex now than we ever have(SRY.. TMI). Nothing to do with appearance. When you REALLY love your partner, your attraced to them in every way, not just looks. I find my husband to be sexy, and very disarable even though hes gained 30 lbs.. if not MORE sexy now... Were together in this... its a bond you have when its real.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I don't know about cheating, but I know when I was at my heaviest my SO was a little less interested in me in "that way". I did not think it was superficial, just honest.

of course trying to find "special" time when working around jobs, workouts and life in general put a bigger kabash us then weight ever did. :laugh:

**I changed it to say "did not think it was superficial", which is what I meant.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't know about cheating, but I know when I was at my heaviest my SO was a little less interested in me in "that way". I did think it was superficial, just honest.

of course trying to find "special" time when working around jobs, workouts and life in general put a bigger kabash us then weight ever did. :laugh:
    Exactly. Anyone who says, "Oh gosh I love my SO, even when he/she ballooned up 300+ pounds" is fooling themselves.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    still the answer is the same.. it got lost totally... and i got moved to the bench.. since i was to lazy to work to get off the bench.. i still sit there.. luckly my balls are in the jar next me.. so i have good company..
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I don't know about cheating, but I know when I was at my heaviest my SO was a little less interested in me in "that way". I did think it was superficial, just honest.

Exactly. Anyone who says, "Oh gosh I love my SO, even when he/she ballooned up 300+ pounds" is fooling themselves.

oh I LOVED him...didn't love boning him :drinker:

I am sure he felt the same way...
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

actually NOT fooling myself... I would love him. NOW... if the weight loss was completly from lckt of will to thrive.. than thats a whole other story. I would still "Love" him.. but would have to draw the line. We all gained weight from one reason or another..
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest.. I would be much less attracted to my boyfriend if he gained weight (more so if he lost muscle)..but no I would not cheat. I would encourage him to diet and exercise.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options

oh I LOVED him...didn't love boning him :drinker:

can we still be friends?
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    .. luckly my balls are in the jar next me.. so i have good company..

I think they did that operation wrong. :laugh: :laugh:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You want honesty? I wouldnt' cheat on my husband but do I find him less sexually attractive since he's gained a lot of weight. Yes. Sorry but it's true. Doesn't mean I don't love him, just means I don't want him to walk around naked as much.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    When I got married, I was 100 pounds heavier than my husband (and 4 1/2 inches taller). I am now 40+ pounds less than him.
    He certainly appreciated the way I look now more than the way I used to look, but his chunkiness had no bearing on my attraction to him - his personality and sense of responsibility did.
    We're splitting up now his weight (or mine) had no bearing on it, although it did get a little aggravating to hear that I am much more attractive "now that you're not all covered in lard" and other such lovely comments.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I've seen how my weight gain has affected our physical connection in our marriage, and want to know if anybody else has this issue...

No longer married (neither one of us cheated physically, but he emotionally bonded with other women during our marriage).

Yes, my weight played a huge role in our connection in marriage. NOT saying someone is justified in cheating if his wife has put on weight, but the times when I was heavier he was not attracted to me and let me know it. It hurt, too, because it was usually due to things like surgery, steroids, pregnancy, that are difficult to maintain weight. I'm actually heavier now than my usually "married" weight, and I think I actually look pretty good.

Conversely, my ex LOST a lot of weight (he's one of those naturally thin guys who has to work super hard just to gain 5 pounds). Yes, it was a turn off physically (I like men with padding) but it DID NOT change my love for him or my desire to "be his wife" in the bedroom.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You want honesty? I wouldnt' cheat on my husband but do I find him less sexually attractive since he's gained a lot of weight. Yes. Sorry but it's true. Doesn't mean I don't love him, just means I don't want him to walk around naked as much.

I LOL'd at the walking around naked part :laugh:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    same answer.

Yes. I would be less physically attracted. Attraction is not a individual descision.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    I dont think there is an easy black in white answer to this, i will say i would never cheat, its just not in my nature. But i can see how if u let yourself go there could be less action in the bedroom. For me and my wife its been more often since i lost the weight, whether this is more from attraction, or the fact im in better shape, and so is she, that we feel better about ourselves, plus it helps we have better endurance and blood flow.

I think when u marry it is for better or for worse, but not everyone stands by that, and i can easily see the attraction deminishing whether its subconceouse or not.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

This is so true.

When I met my husband I was about 180, my low weight while we have been together was about 135, and recently I was almost 165 (although a lot more muscular than I was at 135). He has always found me attractive. If my weight influenced our sex life, it had more to do with how I felt about my body, than how he did.

As for him, I'm not sure how him gaining a lot of weight would effect our physical relationship. If he lost much weight I'd take him to the doctor (he's tall and lanky as it is, so losing a lot of weight would make him unhealthy).

From your first topic post, it sounds like you're worried your husband is cheating. That's a whole different conversation.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Just a thought. Try talking to YOUR HUSBAND about this. I would think his opinion on this matter would mean a bit more than random internet strangers. :flowerforyou:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd still be physically attracted to my wife if she gained weight. Hell, it'd be pretty bad if I wasn't given that my weight has gone up and down a lot in the 7 years we've been married.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    same answer.

Yes. I would be less physically attracted. Attraction is not a individual descision.
    Isn't it funny. You hint, hint, hint. The you come right out and say it and suddenly you are the jerk. Never is it their fault. Attraction subsides...you look for attention elsewhere. And you are the villain.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I look at it as more of a health perspective. I would not be less attracted to my SO for weighing more. However, the larger you are, the less physical the interaction can be. Desire, agility, and stamina are all things that can be impacted by weight. Therefore, I might not find him less attractive, though the desire might be diminished.