Detox and Cleanse

Options
Can anyone recommend a good detox and cleanse product? I think my body needs one because its not responding at all to diet and exercise! I know what I am doing is correct because i lost 40lbs after my 2nd child from diet and exercise and I lost the weight quickly! Now my body wont do anything And Ive been exercising and staying at my calorie goal for three weeks! Any suggestions what could be happening?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Hold on to your money, the so-called detox and cleanse products being sold have no benefits that can be demonstrated scientifically.

1) Eat cleaner (reduce or eliminate processed foods)
    2) Eat lots of vegetables and fresh fruits and stick to lean protein sources
    3) Make sure that you're adequately hydrated
    4) Create a caloric deficit based on a diet that is healthy and sustainable
    5) Exercise (cardio & strength)

Your body has its own "detox and cleanse" systems in place. Your liver and kidneys remove toxins and you "cleanse" every time you go to the bathroom.
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you nursing? I know that nursing my son helped a whole lot! but eating loads of fiber works too. I need to follow my own advice
  • vz11
    vz11 Posts: 58
    Options
    If you look up Dr. OZ he has a cleanse diet for 3 days. All juicing and natural food like Quinoa (VERY GOOD FOR YOU). I refuse to take pills or stuff like that but all natural seems like a way to go. Good luck!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    there is no shortcuts.

What is your avg cal intake for the 3 weeks? What does MFP say you are burning per day? What sort of exercise are you doing? Have you just started recently? Have you taken measurements?
  • mustangmama3
    mustangmama3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I
  • mustangmama3
    Options
    there is no shortcuts.

What is your avg cal intake for the 3 weeks? What does MFP say you are burning per day? What sort of exercise are you doing? Have you just started recently? Have you taken measurements?
    I average between 900 to 1300 calories a day. I workout 5days a week rotating bowflex tredclimber (450 to 600 calorie burn 50m inutes) twice a week, Jillian Michaels Shred and Shed 1 hour once a week and Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 twice a week. I know what Im doing is correct because I used to weigh 198lbs. I got down to 122lbs with my personal trainer and was ripped. I had a baby 19month ago and Im stuck at 140lbs. So not sure what is going on.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, it took almost 3 weeks for me to start losing too. Be sure you're getting enough calories, maybe your body is in starvation mode?
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Save your money, your body is designed for natural detox and cleanse, it's called your liver and kidneys, just make sure you're drinking enough water and you don't need one.

If you've hit a plateau, use the search engine and there are quite a few threads on how to deal with this situation.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Pending some sort of medical condition, if you are eating in a light to moderate calorie deficit, you will lose weight. How long have you been stuck?

Your diary is also unavailable to the public. How is your logging? Are you logging everything you eat?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    there is no shortcuts.

I average between 900 to 1300 calories a day. I workout 5days a week rotating bowflex tredclimber (450 to 600 calorie burn 50m inutes) twice a week, Jillian Michaels Shred and Shed 1 hour once a week and Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 twice a week. I know what Im doing is correct because I used to weigh 198lbs. I got down to 122lbs with my personal trainer and was ripped. I had a baby 19month ago and Im stuck at 140lbs. So not sure what is going on.

You're not eating enough & you haven't included any resistance training.
  • mustangmama3
    Options
    there is no shortcuts.

You're not eating enough & you haven't included any resistance training.
    MFP has me set at 1200 calories. How much do you suggest? Jillian's videos have alot of weights in it. I have a TRX Suspention trainer should I be using it more for resistance traing other than weights. I workout at home so I am limited for equipment.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Hold on to your money, the so-called detox and cleanse products being sold have no benefits that can be demonstrated scientifically.

Your body has its own "detox and cleanse" systems in place. Your liver and kidneys remove toxins and you "cleanse" every time you go to the bathroom.

Yep.
  • mustangmama3
    Options
    Pending some sort of medical condition, if you are eating in a light to moderate calorie deficit, you will lose weight. How long have you been stuck?

Your diary is also unavailable to the public. How is your logging? Are you logging everything you eat?
    Im very goog at logging .I put everythything on there. Im a very halthy eater 99% of the time. Even when I go out with friends I log any alcohol and mix Ive consumed. I rarely go over my calorie intake. But I never eat my exercise cals back .Should I?
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Be sure to have your thyroid checked. That was my problem about 15 years ago. I had gained 50lbs in one year...that was while dieting and going to the gym EVERYDAY. My thyroid was so out of wack that I should have been in a coma. Once the medication was regulated I stabalized....I still have 40 of that 50lbs...but that is because I have been too lazy to try to get rid of it......UNTIL NOW!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. You need to eat most, if not all, of your exercise calories back.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You should eat your exercise calories - you are doing quite a bit of cardio and if you are not replacing the calories you are quite a bit under your required calories so you may well be in starvation mode. Try eating your exercise calories - you may see a small increase in your weight in the short term but you will lose weight in the long run. Also, as previously suggested, try adding some strength training.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the MIN you are supposed to eat, 900 is just not ok for anyone no wonder you aren't losing anything, your body is storing everything because you stopped taking care of yourself....smh
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    there is no shortcuts.

Eat more calories
  • mustangmama3
    Options
    1200 calories is the MIN you are supposed to eat, 900 is just not ok for anyone no wonder you aren't losing anything, your body is storing everything because you stopped taking care of yourself....smh
    There r very few days that I eat 900 calories. I just find it so hard to force myself to eat when Im not hungry! I know I need to do it its just frustraiting! And your all right maybe Im not eating enough.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Exactly.