Tattoos, do you have any?

Options
GabeRami
GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
So, for certain major events in my life I have gotten a tattoo that reminds me of it. I have 3 currently and I plan to get at least two more. A portrait of my girls and something that represents my culture and background. Do you have any ink? Is it for show, or do they mean something to you?

Replies

• kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    375975_10150510673861061_503236060_11355387_980950663_n.jpg?t=1330996824

This is one of mine. I also have a swallow on that same arm (forearm) but you can't see it in this pic.

Both tattoos have a lot of personal meaning. I wouldn't get a tattoo just for the sake of having one if it didn't mean anything.
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    260170_10150641975030545_509685544_18824139_732678_n.jpg
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    I have a couple, mostly just for art. I have cherry blossoms on my left shoulder, stars behind my right ear, and a swallow on my right foot. I also have a kanji haiku down my spine (that means something to me cause I wrote it myself & it represents me) and my husbands name in a heart on my left hip.
    Tattoos don't always have to be meaningful, sometimes they can just be art (just my opinion!)
  • GabeRami
    Options
    Ok, well I am having a rough time posting my 3! LOL My left arm has an armband from a design I saw at Teotihuacan, The upper shoulder is a 'Crux Terminatus', I got this for 2 reasons first being that I thought it looked fantastic, and second, it represents a hobby I enjoy in my downtime. My Left shoulder has a cross with a pair of boxing gloves, an American glove and a Mexican glove, with an RIP ath the top and my Pops birth & death year.
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    IMG_20120305_222526.jpg

This is my left arm...

fixed
  • Samysalsa
    Samysalsa Posts: 45
    Options
    I have a star on my left hip. There's 3 or 4 I want to get but I'm still in school and not sure if the career I want would allow visible tattoos so I'm trying to find "hidden" places other than back
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    i have 3 and going in for two more shortly. They all have and will have meaning. 3 are my kids names. 2 are for other reason,.
  • GabeRami
    Options

fixed

Thanks Kandy!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    I have a sunset surrounded in Palm Trees which is an ode in a way to my hometown;
    I have the Japanese letter for Mother (cuz I am a mother of three) on the back of my neck;
    I have my name on my left ankle (my first tattoo and I HATE it; have plans on adding to it with a lot of sentimental things);
    Have small one on my right ankle which it a heart, spade, clubs, and diamonds above that is going to be a portrait of my Grandpa (he was a BIG gambler);
    and my newest one is on my left wrist...it is the words Serenity, Courage and Wisdom; VERY sentimental to me the words were taken from the Serenity Prayer "Grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference.

I have 4 other tats in the works just need to come up with the money.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've wanted one for a long time, just haven't decided exactly what yet. There's a song lyric I'd like to do. Or something in German since I love that language and have studied it. I'm also not sure where either. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo when I reach my goal weight.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    th_423210_10150704518847216_656472215_11586477_1955150998_n-2.jpg

{I just can't seem to get the sizing right! Urgh!}

My tattoo is in memory of my fiance's sister; she was also one of my best friends. She died in a car accident last October. I say she is always close to my heart. :heart:

This was my first tat, and I plan to get a couple more, someday!
  • GabeRami
    Options
    Pops2.jpg

This is my right. In memory of my Father...
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly made of music notes on the back of my neck, Butterfly in the middle of my back, butterfly and tiger lilies for a tramp stamp. A tiger on my right thigh, and a butterfly on my foot.
  • kdc0587
    kdc0587 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have 6. One on my right upper arm of a dolphin [fav animal]. Four on my back: left shoulder, multicolored shooting star [i like stars & colorful things], right shoulder a Gemini symbol [I'm a gemini], middle of upper back a butterfly [love butterflies], a& lower back a big nautical star [for it's meaning of guidance & protection]. Also have a purple cross on my lower left leg, but the guy did it wrong so I'm getting it turn in a butterfly.
    tumblr_lyr4dcF53I1qd1f9ao1_400.jpg
  • AntoniaK89
    Options
    A couple put together on my arm to make up 1 whole design (in memory of my sister) and then 1 on the top of my shoulder (something me and my brother both share)

38887_1235496547155_1821461630_440925_3592824_n.jpg

38887_1235496587156_1821461630_440926_741461_n.jpg

404645_2220486811296_1821461630_1374853_598391853_n.jpg
  • Phant4sy
    Phant4sy Posts: 83
    Options
    as of now, i have NONE. after weight loss.. i want a sleeve along with a few other tats
  • GabeRami
    Options
    as of now, i have NONE. after weight loss.. i want a sleeve along with a few other tats

Yea, after I hit my goal, one of my rewards will be a back piece fo'SHO!
  • Phant4sy
    Phant4sy Posts: 83
    Options
    i would love a chest piece. just know ima lose all my boobage. aww man.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    I like to look at them but I have none. I am planning to get one. My daughter's name. I am scared of that "bzzzzzzzzz" sound that the tattoo needle makes but I figured that nothing is more painful than giving birth naturally. SO. Once I reach my goal. I might be getting that name.
  • GabeRami
    Options
    I like to look at them but I have none. I am planning to get one. My daughter's name. I am scared of that "bzzzzzzzzz" sound that the tattoo needle makes but I figured that nothing is more painful than giving birth naturally. SO. Once I reach my goal. I might be getting that name.

That's cool, I got a buddy of mine who does portraits, it's like his specialty, so i am going to have him do a portrait of my girls over my heart.