at a loss, please help

Options
124»

Replies

• skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means, but looking through your diary it looks like your sodium and carbs are WAY out of control. I agree with everyone so far that says this. You are consistently going over your sodium and carbs by a large amount. Sometimes you go over on cals by a significant number, not just a few. usually when you meet your goal within a 100 cal. range you are fine, but you're not. It's weird though that your protein looks good....usually when your carbs are through the roof, the protein suffers. Good job on the protein. Now just work on getting those sugars down and sodium down!

good advice
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was on a plateau for an entire year...and ENTIRE YEAR!!! It was so frustrating because the scale went up and down and up and down about 7 pound each way, and I was becoming OBESSED with the scale and driving myself crazy.

Finally one day I just decided that I was not going to get on the scale and that I was just going to keep working out and eating right and then one day I decided to weigh and I had broken through my plateau. It was almost as if the stress of it all was making it worse because it was depressing me and I was at a loss as to why this was happening.

THEN...when it was all over and the scale started to move again I looked at that plateau as a blessing. I mean I was able to maintain a weightloss of over 100 pounds for almost a year!!! And then I learned that I could keep this weight off, because in the past I would lose and then gain it back, plus some. I was able to trust myself with this weight loss. This was SO mental for me, and while at the time I hated it, now I can appreciate it. Plateaus are not always bad...I learned A LOT from mine!:happy:
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all the comments so I am sorry in advance if this was already said...

Take a look at the kind of sugars you are eating... the kind of carbs you are eating... Try to eliminate the bad ones and see how you feel? Cut out the whipped cream from your Starbucks coffee... try to cut out pasta and those carbs once a day... should make a difference.

Also, I know MANY commenters touched upon how many calories you are eating, but you also realize you are going over your cals that include your workout too? Eat back your workout calories, but don't go over that number by 200 as well. Your goal, imo, is to make sure your net cals matches what your daily calorie intake should be. So for me.. my daily calorie goal is 1300... so I look to make sure my net is the same.

Good luck.
  • sloew
    sloew Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did the medabolic test again. I have been off of the essential oils and my metabolism dropped to 1819 from 1962 in a month. The nutritionist said this is prob closer to my normal RMR. so I'll be setting my calorie goal to 1940 and see where it goes in a month. Thank you all for your responses and I'll repost in about a month or so.
  • KarenBoster
    KarenBoster Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have only been on this site for a month, but have already learned 2 things. No matter how much you want to lose weight eat your required calories AND your exercise calories and make sure you drink lots of water. I stopped losing after the 1st week. After I got smart about the calories and upped my water (I now drink 16 cups a day) I started losing again. Also watch your sodium intake. That can raise havoc with losing weight. I used to go eat thai food with a friend all the time. Found out I gained 4 pounds every time and it would stay with me for about 3-4 days. I didn't do things with sauces. That was from the sodium!