Any Leslie Sansone Success Stories?

Options

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I found her videos about 8 years ago when I first moved back to Pittsburgh. I always loved walking and wanted to lose weight. At the time I was living with my friend and her family and her daughters would come in and do them with me. I have used them off and on since then. A couple of years ago, I used them to lose weight. I did even manage to lose about 20 pounds (I don't remember how long it took). SInce January I have lost over 20 pounds. But, I am not just using her dvds. I have used Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd and I just purchased Zumba videos. Hers is still the main one I go to. I have about 10 of her videos. They range from 15 minutes to 5 mile super walk. A friend of mine had back surgery last year and she can't do all kinds of exercises, so I gave her a couple of videos, she really likes them. Her daughters even like them.
    I have been told she has a new video coming out at the end of March, I will probably purchase that one to for the variety. I have even suggested to friends on here that have trouble with exercise because of arthritis or injuries, her videos are great for people like that.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have been using Leslie'e 5 mile workout, the one with the exercise bands for over a year now. I started out doing the DVD just as she does on the DVD, now I jog and use hand and ankle weights. I burn 550-650 calories, depending on how hard I push, doing this DVD. I recommend this DVD to lots of people, so easy to follow, no difficult moves, and you use lots of different muscles. It was the key to my weight loss of 24 lbs!
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie workouts.. I first bought a 3 video collection at a yard sale (brand new in the cases for 1 buck) & starting doing just the one mile..Well that was two months ago. That was just like a 20 miinute workout. I am up to 60-70 minutes of her & then I do some Wii tennis & boxing. I love her workouts because they are easier on my knees than the other ones.. I have about 4 of her workouts now.. I used to get short winded just going to the mail box & now from doing her workouts all the time 6-7 days a week I can walk 2 miles without getting winded at all.. I am down 24 pounds & 20.5 inches as of today.. I have Leslie to thank for that.. I love her workouts.... Between MFP & her my life is forever changed.. Good Luck..
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's dvd's. I have been using them for probably 10 years. I like the fast pace of Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles, 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk and Walk Slim Fast & Firm $ really Big Miles. I think they are a great low impact way to get a good cardio workout. She also has a walk club online that has different videos each month.
  • pinkfink
    pinkfink Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I loooove Leslie's workouts. I have about 6 of her videos, a few that are just walking, and a couple with strength training involved. I'm just starting to do the videos with strength training (what a burn!), but I can say that her walking tapes alone are a great work out. I am self conscious about working out in front of others so her videos are great for me (hopefully will help develop my confidence to join a gym some day). Anyone who does her work outs please feel free to add me. I'd love the company of others who do her workouts and would try to motivate in return!
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I really liked her walking workout.. I like her
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie workouts.. I first bought a 3 video collection at a yard sale (brand new in the cases for 1 buck) & starting doing just the one mile..Well that was two months ago. That was just like a 20 miinute workout. I am up to 60-70 minutes of her & then I do some Wii tennis & boxing. I love her workouts because they are easier on my knees than the other ones.. I have about 4 of her workouts now.. I used to get short winded just going to the mail box & now from doing her workouts all the time 6-7 days a week I can walk 2 miles without getting winded at all.. I am down 24 pounds & 20.5 inches as of today.. I have Leslie to thank for that.. I love her workouts.... Between MFP & her my life is forever changed.. Good Luck..

wow! congrats...I'm really glad I found her too. I can feel a change already!
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I loooove Leslie's workouts. I have about 6 of her videos, a few that are just walking, and a couple with strength training involved. I'm just starting to do the videos with strength training (what a burn!), but I can say that her walking tapes alone are a great work out. I am self conscious about working out in front of others so her videos are great for me (hopefully will help develop my confidence to join a gym some day). Anyone who does her work outs please feel free to add me. I'd love the company of others who do her workouts and would try to motivate in return!

Just added you as a friend...
  • teeniemarie619
    teeniemarie619 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did some Wii Just Dance here and there, but mostly the DVDs.
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll have to wipe the dust off my old Leslie tapes, and start them again.

As far as walking goes...it is my favorite exercise. I am at 4-5 miles a day right now. I'm gonna keep at that pace for a few more weeks. When Spring finally gets here, I'll take it outside, and concentrate on my speed rather than distance.

I dropped 60 pounds a few years back by just altering my diet and walking. I'm older now, and it's not coming off as easily, but I'll get there.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have a few of her videos and really like them ALL! My favorite Leslie Sansone videos are:

Walk Strong ( LOVE that one)
  • firstgirl731
    firstgirl731 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started using Leslie's Walk/Jog video about a month ago for twice a week. I started to notice a difference in about 2 weeks. I don't have a scale so I can't say how much weight I've lost. I go by how tight my jeans fit. All I can say is the jeans aren't as tight as they used to be and it feels great. I've had a few of her videos for years and always said they didn't work because all I did was look at them and never used them. Duh! Then I started to feel uncomfortable about my size so I decided to try the video. My goal is to be able to cross my legs (thigh over thigh) comfortably. I've tried other exercise videos and didn't like them as well as Leslie's. To keep from getting bored I've added Stott Pilates abs Video. I alternate days. Walking one day and abs the next. What I enjoy most about this type of exercise program is that it is in the comfort of my home. When the weather is nice (in the winter, I live in Phoenix) I'll add walking outdoors a few times a week. Overall, I can say that Leslie's program is working. I think I'm cute, again!!! ;-)
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have been using the 4 mile with the resistance band and I really love it, I walk alot outside now but feel like I have really worked out when I do her DVD. It took me a while to do the whole 4 miles. My dvd player broke so I haven't been able to do for couple weeks now. I think it has helped tone me up, I have lost 60 lbs in 6 months and do think this dvd has helped!
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have her 5 mile Dvd. I really like it because I can select any of the 5 mikes to do and do any combination up to 5 mikes. I love to fit a mile in before leaving for work because I don't have time for more than about 15 minutes.
  • dustipaul25
    dustipaul25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Leslie Sansone's 5 Day Ultimate Walk Plan. I havent been following the order, mostly stick with the 3 miles a day. Between counting calories and exercising (aiming fo 5-6 days a week but do lax from time to time) I went down 4 pants sizes and about 15 lbs in 2 months. Im back to seriously trying to count calories and working out everyday again so Im hoping more will come off soon!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a success story yet, however i started MFP Sept 6th, that is also when i started Leslie Sansone, so far i have lost 18 lbs, and 8 inches, 2 of them are off my thighs. My favourite dvd so far, 5 mile plan. I recently started Callanetics by Callan Pickney hoping to loss more inches yet. I have 10 lbs to get to goal, at this point inches are more important. I walk on average with Leslie 30 miles a week. Best of luck in your endeavours!

Cheers :drinker:
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Leslie DVDs since beginning of July. I've added strength training with ChaLean Extreme and lost almost 30 lbs. I love the newer Leslie workouts. The old ones are much too boring and easy.
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Ive lost almost 50 lbs since July using Leslie Sanstones tapes. I get them free on You Tube....they are great since I don't do strenuous exercising. I did one today where she incorporates a little running in with her walking tape and it was great...first time I ran in 50,000 years...ha ha....she is great...
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love her! I have the older walk away the pounds and I have the ab and leg workouts! The workouts to me our "easy" compared to others workout dvds. I can do this again and again!
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have been using the 4 mile with the resistance band and I really love it, I walk alot outside now but feel like I have really worked out when I do her DVD. It took me a while to do the whole 4 miles. My dvd player broke so I haven't been able to do for couple weeks now. I think it has helped tone me up, I have lost 60 lbs in 6 months and do think this dvd has helped!

Kim....you can get her tapes on you tube also and they are free...:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!