Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weighing daily?

For those of you who weigh yourselves daily...if you notice your weight is lower, do you change it on here or only do that once per week?? Trying to decide if it's "real" weight loss or not!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    I am a daily weigher, and I do track it here. Reason being, is I can use it to track issues with food allergies and the like. Only do it if it doesn't drive you nuts! I haven't lost anything since valentine's day, so it's not bothering any of my friends! LOL!
  • sanrdj
    sanrdj Posts: 18 Member
    I'm a daily weigher but I only record my monday morning weight ~ even if it's higher than my Sunday morning weight.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    I was weighing myself daily, but I started to get SO frustrated with weight fluctuations and not seeing the numbers moving as quickly as I'd like, that I'm now down to about once (sometimes twice) a week. It is SO tempting to get on that scale at the gym every day though!!
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    I weigh daily and I track it here weekly.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    I weigh every day, but my official weigh day is Friday. I only put it in on here that day. If I recorded daily, I'd have to sometimes put it in that it's higher (usually when I've had too much salt, but also around TOM and O days), and then it would show me losing weight I didn't really "lose" because it was just water retention and I knew it.
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    I weigh every morning because I like to see the progress (the temptation is too great!) but I only record a lower weight if I've been that weight or below on 3 consecutive days to try and allow for fluctuations. Perhaps not hugely scientific but it keeps me motivated and accounts for some daily fluctuations.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    I weigh every day and log it. It helps keep me accountable.
  • I weigh daily,I can't help it.I usually only track in on Mondays..Oh how do you get pictures on your ticker?
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    I used to weigh myself every day & get VERY caught up in the number game. Know I try to just weigh myself once (sometimes twice) a week.

I have been using how I feel & how my clothes fit as a guide rather then the scale.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    I weigh every day, and keep track in a notebook. I record all losses on here as well as gains 3 lbs or more. I've found that keep me motivated, but you should play around & do what works for you.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    I weigh almost every day. I only enter it on Mondays (I like to see the message .. has lost x pounds... with a bigger number) I do record the other days as a note in my food journal so that I can look back at it.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    <~~~~ daily weigher, but only try to log once a week.

I use to do it with every fluctuation but I kept loosing and gaining the same 2 pounds for 3 weeks and I was tired of seeing the "great loss" on my profile, knowing it REALLY wasn't a loss...lol
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    I weigh myself everday. I don't track on here everyday, only if there is a drop and i can hold it for 2 or 3 days, then i post it. I do it mainly because I hold water weight very easily and if I eat too much sodium in a day I know then for the next day to cut back on it.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i weigh daily, but only track my weight here on wednesdays. :) there is a 'daily weigh in club' in the motivation/support boards and we are thinking about making it an actual group to help encourage each other.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    I weigh every morning because I like to see the progress (the temptation is too great!) but I only record a lower weight if I've been that weight or below on 3 consecutive days to try and allow for fluctuations. Perhaps not hugely scientific but it keeps me motivated and accounts for some daily fluctuations.

This is what I do. My daily weigh-ins are really just for that moment of reflection on the scale where I can think, "Okay, this is because you drank last night," or "This is because you ate almost all carbs yesterday." It helps me think about my choices and what I need to change for the next day.
  • polz7
    polz7 Posts: 48 Member
    I weigh and log it daily but I keep a seperate excel sheet with weekly averages and graphs... I may be a nerd :blushing:
  • coffeeMAME
    coffeeMAME Posts: 23 Member
    Just once a week. The weight really fluctuates so much every day, even just not going to the bathroom can show up as gaining a pound. I go on every day just to make sure I'm doing everything right and there are no mistakes, but I only log my weight once a week, maybe because that feels more like a long term weight loss thats not necessarily going to come back just because a drank an entire 2qt jug of water the day before.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    I weigh myself daily, but that's just for me. A person's weight can fluctuate by a pound or two every day, regardless of whether the day before was a "good" day or a "bad" day. And by weighing myself every day, I have a better feel for where I really am, in case my once-a-week weigh-in is on one of those fluctuating days.

I log my weight here on Mondays, and only update my settings (for a new calorie count) whenever I hit some kinda milestone (every five pounds or so) and feel confident that it's a solid, real weight.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    I weigh and log it daily but I keep a seperate excel sheet with weekly averages and graphs... I may be a nerd :blushing:

MAY be? ;)
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member

I guess me too because that sounds like fun.:happy: