Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weighing daily?

Replies

• Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Every Friday this way I know how to adjust my caloric intake and I am more focused on inches lost + BF%
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 97 Member
    I weigh daily and it does sometimes fluctuate back up a pound or two due to fluid or whatever. I track every time there is a loss though, even if it is daily. I love to see my ticker move and if I can get it to move daily (some weeks I can) then I do it. Im sure it will get old but Im just 2 months in and I still get up every morning excited to get on that scale. *Sometimes I curse at it* but none the less excited about getting on it.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    I am a daily weigher but only record my monday orning weights too... daily weighing can be very frustrationg if you are not aware of how your body and weight works... I try to not weigh myself every day but I am kind of obssesive.. good luck hun
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Yes...Tmi

I can tell exactly when my TOM is coming. My cycles are so erratic since I started loosing weight they can be anywhere from 23 days to 46 days. My weight goes up and I gain an inch or two on my waist when its on its way.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 297 Member
    I was a daily weigher, and recorded once a week, but I just started this week trying to change to once a week. I have moved the scales to the spare room where it isn't as easy to get on them every morning. I was starting to feel like the numbers were becoming to important and not paying attention to the fact that I am feeling better and there are other benefits besides just the numbers on the scale to losing weight. That being said, it was very hard to stay away from those scales this morning.
  • Pooterly
    Pooterly Posts: 61 Member
    I'm a daily weigher but I only record my monday morning weight ~ even if it's higher than my Sunday morning weight.

THIS^ I do the same thing!
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    I weigh myself everday. I don't track on here everyday, only if there is a drop and i can hold it for 2 or 3 days, then i post it. I do it mainly because I hold water weight very easily and if I eat too much sodium in a day I know then for the next day to cut back on it.

^^^^^^ Me too!
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    I weigh every day, and record every day that there is a loss. It keeps me accountable and it doesn't make me crazy :)
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    I weigh myself every morning but only log in every Sundays.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    I change it (up or down) on here every time I weigh, and that's usually every day.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    I weigh in at the same time every day following my workouts and right before dinner. If I remember to log it, then I do but I'm not too concerned with what the scale says most days. I really just look forward to seeing the weekly loss.
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    That would be faaaar too much for me. I used to weigh myself once a fortnight! It's once a week now. Any more I personally consider obsessive.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    I have a full length mirror in my bedroom that the scale sits under. I weigh myself daily and write that number on the mirror. This way I can see a pattern and a downward trend. I only record my weight on Fridays and I don't record a gain, only losses. My friends are so awesome that they would congratulate me on a loss and if it's not a true loss I would feel like i'm not being honest.

Try different styles and see what works for you. Good luck!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    I weigh myself daily, first thing in the morning (well, second thing technically) and record it on here everyday. In my opinion, every piece of data is potentially helpful in understanding what works and what doesn't work and I don't want to lose any of that information.
  • nrsymom
    nrsymom Posts: 65 Member
    I have always been a daily weigher. I thought that it kept me in check so if my weight was up one day I would watch my sodium intake and pay closer attention to my diet. On the other hand, if my weight was down, I would go on doing the same things in hopes I was doing something right. Well, now I'm trying to loss the weight I regained and I am trialing a weekly weigh in. I am wondering if the daily weigh in was hindering my progress. Has anyone else converted from daily to weekly weighing?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    I weigh in every day, but I don't ever record it. I fluctuate up and down a bit around my static weight, but for the most part it stays where I want it. I just use the scale as one of many indicators of how my fitness efforts are progressing.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    For those of you who weigh yourselves daily...if you notice your weight is lower, do you change it on here or only do that once per week?? Trying to decide if it's "real" weight loss or not!

I weigh everyday but only post my weight on Mondays! :)
  • nrsymom
    nrsymom Posts: 65 Member
    I was a daily weigher, and recorded once a week, but I just started this week trying to change to once a week. I have moved the scales to the spare room where it isn't as easy to get on them every morning. I was starting to feel like the numbers were becoming to important and not paying attention to the fact that I am feeling better and there are other benefits besides just the numbers on the scale to losing weight. That being said, it was very hard to stay away from those scales this morning.

This was me to a "T". Trialing the weekly weigh in this time around. First weigh in is Sat. **fingers crossed**
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 297 Member

This was me to a "T". Trialing the weekly weigh in this time around. First weigh in is Sat. **fingers crossed**

Good luck!!! My first weekly will be Friday!
  • whatluckycat
    whatluckycat Posts: 52 Member
    I weigh and record it here every day. I just like to know exactly where I am and it seems to work for me. I think if I only weighed myself once a week, that would make it easier to cheat, because you'd have a week to catch up!