best at home exercise?

Options
im starting to get pretty bored of my current routine and i cant go to gym has i have 3 young children and OH works 6days a week.

im currently walking, jogging and using an exercise bike.

what would you recommend for a good burn that you can do at home?

thanks

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    im starting to get pretty bored of my current routine and i cant go to gym has i have 3 young children and OH works 6days a week.

im currently walking, jogging and using an exercise bike.

what would you recommend for a good burn that you can do at home?

thanks
    Burpee with a push up and a jump at the end.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • aly90_2009
    aly90_2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I lost 30 lbs doing the Zumba videos at home, particularly Zumba Cardio Party.
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love this site. exercise.com/routines
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    p90x! im doing it now and i love it. new routine every day
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Anything you can fit in!

Or, playing with the kids! Running around with children will burn TONS of extra calories, and it will be fun for you and the kids.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    INSANITY... nuff said
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    30DS followed by yoga are my 2 fave home exercises
  • akangel81
    akangel81 Posts: 19
    Options
    jillian micheal 30 day shred look up 30 ds in the forums
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Bodyrocktv.com has some great videos. Or often I set up some circuits and do several body weight or dumbbell exercises back to back with bursts of cardio mixed in. Really gets your heart rate up and burns some calories!
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I do bodyrock.tv and I LOVE it! The workouts are about 15-30 minutes long and there is a huge database of workouts to choose from. Its free, you can use your own bodyweight. Its really awesome!
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    p90x! im doing it now and i love it. new routine every day

Me to, really hardcore, kinda sore, freakin love it!!!!
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sounds like maybe you should invest in some workout dvds. Some libraries have workout dvds available. Most movie stores have a fitness section for movie rentals. Also you can usually find cheap workouts on amazon or ebay. i also like swapadvd.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I do bodyrock.tv and I LOVE it! The workouts are about 15-30 minutes long and there is a huge database of workouts to choose from. Its free, you can use your own bodyweight. Its really awesome!

^^This. I LOVE it. That's all I do.
  • cate1961
    cate1961 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred! Sore but loving it! Zumba for the wii was my work out of choice till 30d. Lot's of fun and the kids can do it along with you. Good luck, and always make it FUN!
  • amchecketts
    amchecketts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also a P90X girl! I have gotten good results and like the variety of workouts! I don't get bored as easily that way :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges (forward/backward/side), burpees, push-ups, jumping jacks, windmills, shadow-boxing, front/back/side kicks, mountain climbers, etc. The list is endless. Anything that gets you jumping, bending, twisting is good.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    thanks all, iv done 30DS well i did 20 days and did it again afew times but got bored think ill look into some of the others :bigsmile:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Lauren Brooks - She has a kettlebell work out series that just rocks. Its what i do at home while two young children run around screaming haha
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like the Davina DVDs and I have a stability ball. I also have a weighted hula hoop, a bicycle and love getting outside when the weather is nice. Have a nice little dumbell set as well. Swimming is one of my favourites and it's something you can either do with the children or a lot of places have a creche. Either that or late night swimming xx
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    INSANITY... nuff said

This ^^^ with a P90X hybrid! :)