not coming anymore

Options
13»

Replies

• kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    You need to be your own motivator. You're not doing this for other people. This is not a joyride for anyone here, we're all trying very hard.
  • mssheila721
    mssheila721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First and foremost GREAT JOB ON THE 15LBS LOST!!! I just want to say that I agree with the other ladies that you need to make more friends. I would say that it is definitely great to hear words of encouragement but don't let that be the reason you don't keep going! I know you have a bigger reason for doing what you are doing than just hearing great job so when you are not getting the atta boy pat on the back just keep that in mind!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Not everybody can congratulate you everytime...and with only 2 friends on MFP, you're cutting your chances of getting those accolades drastically. Of course you deserve kudos for the progress that you've made...it's AWESOME!!! Feel free to friend me if you'd like. I don't comment 100% of the time, but I do make a conscious effort to do it regularly and support my friends the way I'd like to be supported in return :flowerforyou:
  • izzygetsbizzy
    izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Folks, please be nice here...

this
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    This thread made me die a little inside-some people need praise and support to start to make a change and then they will learn to love themselves. I don't understand why people cannot see that others are hurting and that is why they are reaching out for support. Come on, we are all here together, lets be NICE and support our MFP brothers and sisters.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Thank you for becoming friends with me I will try harder to log in

From 4 friends to 18 in less than 1 hour!!!! My Fitness PALS are Kind and Caring just I thought :flowerforyou:

Ain't no stopping you now CookinKim!!! Next stop the "Success" forum. :drinker:
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Be the kind of friend you want! Open yourself up to new people by requesting friends. Give the same positive energy and feedback that you want. Trust me know one serious about their weight loss goals is going to friend someone that is not serious. You've made tremendous strides in losing 15lbs already. Toot your own horn! More people will hear it and add theirs to your symphony when you increase your circle. Remain POSITIVE! There's tons of negativity we can feed into during this journey but leave that to someone else, you will be amazed at how quickly people are drawn to you when you are positive.

Friend me if you'd like
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It helps to have friends to have support/encouragement. I will add you for extra support/comfort.
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job, but if you only have a few friends, how do you expect people to know your goals? Reach out more and give encouragement to your friends and they will more so encourage you.
  • need2bhealthynow
    Options
    Hi,

You can do it. You can add me as a friend.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, and I know everyone is on the 'be nice' bandwagon, but seriously...we're all adults here. Saying you're 'not coming anymore' cause you can't get praise from people ON THE INTERNET is a bit childish and from the looks of your avatar, you're not a child. Sure, encouragement and praise is nice...I won't disagree with that, but you're doing this FOR YOU! Again, as many have mentioned, more friends = more motivation. I still don't think it's very mature to go on a public forum and say you're not coming back because you didn't get the pat on the back you were looking for. Everyone here is trying to accomplish the same thing, and I can guarantee that not everyone is 'expecting' that kind of feedback.

On another note, seriously...good job on the weight loss. It takes will and determination to get 15 lbs. off. Keep it up and stay positive. Just keep in mind that you don't need anyone else to tell you you're doing a good job, you are your biggest fan!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I started coming in Nov. of last year but I have not logged in for two months because I don't get the support or congadulations when I loose weight. I've lost 15 pounds and I love to hear people tell me how good I'm doing. I need to hear someone say that it makes me feel like I have made a major change. Another reason is that when I get home I'm tired. I'm not following a diet I have cut down on the food I eat. I've been passing stuff that I love at the store. Am I the only one that likes to hear great job?

the rule of thumb I've learned is I have to give to receive. It's a journey that's from the outside all about "ME," but in reality is something that's usually for everyone around us: friends, family, children, etc. That said, it's a selfless task that we're performing in a lot of ways, and we must be the first to congrat others. Compliment those around you and you will receive it right back :)
  • snuffybitts
    snuffybitts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    From your posts, it seems as though you are doing great. Try not to get discouraged and keep an open and positive mindset. We don't think about the weight gain until its bothersome and then we try and try and try to lose it....it seems like a battle, but the battle is so worth winning and you are on your way.

Just remember not to give up. I sent you a friend request and would be happy to motivate and support you.
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    I'm sorry, and I know everyone is on the 'be nice' bandwagon, but seriously...we're all adults here. Saying you're 'not coming anymore' cause you can't get praise from people ON THE INTERNET is a bit childish and from the looks of your avatar, you're not a child. Sure, encouragement and praise is nice...I won't disagree with that, but you're doing this FOR YOU! Again, as many have mentioned, more friends = more motivation. I still don't think it's very mature to go on a public forum and say you're not coming back because you didn't get the pat on the back you were looking for. Everyone here is trying to accomplish the same thing, and I can guarantee that not everyone is 'expecting' that kind of feedback.

On another note, seriously...good job on the weight loss. It takes will and determination to get 15 lbs. off. Keep it up and stay positive. Just keep in mind that you don't need anyone else to tell you you're doing a good job, you are your biggest fan!

^^^ Said perfectly!