Hey, who started around New Years?

Options
Share your story so far! Whether you've lost 5 pounds or 25 pounds, you're still sticking with it! I committed fully the day after Christmas. I'd lost about 8 pounds prior to that and now in early March I'm down 20 more. I have tweaked what I eat, gone out to dinner, had some cocktails and overalll overhauled my lifestlye. I should hit my goal sometime this fall and I can't wait.

How about you?

Emily

Replies

• darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    20lbs!!! GREAT JOB!

I started around New Years too! With the added bonus of a weight loss competition at my gym (I am highly competitive) I'm still pushing ahead. I've lost about 7 lbs (according to the gym scale), inches and my total body fat % has dropped by 3.4%. I feel great and totally engergized.

I have implemented a total lifestyle change as well, while still having a life!!! Balance is hard but I'm still learning.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Loosing 20 pounds since Januray 2012 is awesome. Congratulations!

I lost about 28 pounds and met my first goal on my birthday on Dec 23rd. My heaviest weight was 238 lbs in Oct 2007. Encouraged by the loss, joined MFP and hired a personal trainer to help me out. I have lost about 12 lbs since Jan 2012 so far and extremely committed to my goals. I am little nervous about my upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand if I gain back my weight. Good luck with your journey.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I, too, started the day after Christmas. My mother gave me a beautiful (size XL) Jessica Simpson coat as a gift. I couldn't button all three buttons!

I found the MFP iPhone app and joined the "Life Change Challenge" at my Y. So far, I've lost 22 pounds, 6% body fat, 6" off my hips, and 5" off my waist. I work out 6 days a week (3 cardio and 3 weights) and keep my calories at or slightly under budget over the week.

I still want to lose between 20 and 30 more pounds. Oh, and that coat? It's huge on me now!
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hit my heaviest of 312lbs back in June when I was in Hawaii. I just remember looking at the pics and saying "something has to change". I kind of dabbled trying to lose weight. Then the New Year came and I made the concious effort to try harder. I was at around 292lbs by that time and now here I am at 265. Feels great, the changes are noticable and I'm on track and staying focused. Finally a resolution I've kept lol
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    20 pounds off since the first week of January...feels great. I haven't been this weight for nearly 18 years.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I started towards the end of January and I've lost 15.1 pounds since Jan 1 :)
  • jktjcca
    jktjcca Posts: 62
    Options
    I started at the beginning of the year! I have lost 11 pounds. I seem to be loosing and gaining the same 3 pounds recently, but I know I just have to stick with it! I hope to look back and know it was worth all the effort even when the scale wasn't budging like I wanted it to...
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I (re)started January 1st and haven't lost a pound LOL! But, I can RUN up our 2 flights of stairs in the house and I'm definately feeling a lot stronger than I was.
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i started exercising daily the first week of jan and then started tracking what i ate the 3rd week of jan.... then went paleo the first week of feb

i'm only down 9lb and i really need motivation. i crossfit and i see myself getting stronger but i'm not seeing weight loss of inches down. i'm really frustrated right now
  • Seminole_puppy
    Seminole_puppy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost twenty-one pounds since Jan. 1 when I started.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I signed up with MFP the last week of Dec 2011, but officially started logging calories/exercise on Jan 2nd. To date, I've dropped 20 lbs. It seems that I go a couple of weeks without a loss on the scales. Then when it does show a loss, I'll weigh for 3 days in a row and if I still get the same reading, then I'll log it.
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 1st and have lost 22lb so far. I lost 14lb in January then slowed down in Feb and got stuck for a couple of weeks which was really demoralising but it's started to drop off again now so I feel like I'm back on track :)
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    I started Jan. 3rd. 21 pounds lost so far!
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm down 30 since Jan 1 - that's when I got serious about this. Had lost 11 prior to that since September.
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 4th & have lost 21 lbs! Im still going steadily, I am hoping to be at goal by June! (that is approximately 35 more lbs)
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow. reading this and i REALLY feel like a failure. UGH
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started the first week in January. Down 30 so far, mainly by changing what and how much I take in and drinking lots of water. More than half way to my first mini goal (my pre-pregnancy weight - my baby will turn six in two weeks). My goal is to be under 200.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I started the 11th of january and I've lost 18 and a half pounds so far.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    I started Jan 1st and lost 31 lbs so far
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 2nd, and I've only lost 5lbs. Kind of frustrating. I know I should exercise more, but at least I'm eating healthier!