Hey, who started around New Years?

Options

Replies

• CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I started 'anew' on New Year's Day & am down 26 lbs so far. I've never had a a NY Resolution last this long!! :bigsmile:
  • jwilson2001
    jwilson2001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! So motivating reading all the responses. I started at the beginning of January. Decided it was time! I have been telling myself for some time to do something! I lost 4 pounds at the beginning and then found mfp! I have lost another 10 pounds. I made a goal to cut soda & coffee creamer and then added the exercise. I know I still have a long way to go but I hope to be at my goal in October (roughly 5 pounds a month).
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started January 9. 2012 and hope to hit 10lbs lost this Saturday (I weigh myself once a week). My goal has been 1lb per week lost and I am right on target so far. Although I want(ed) to loose 30 lbs, I knew realistically that I need to do it slow while I ramped back up my working out. I have never been a big junk food eater and don't even love desserts so all my weight gain was from inactivity and over eating. I have been following the strict 1200 calories plus I eat most or all of my exercise calories as well.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    wow. reading this and i REALLY feel like a failure. UGH

Same!

I started Jan 7th - so 8 weeks in. Over the last few I've lost and then gained. I really thought (and hoped) that I would have lost more by now. From someone who NEVER did any exercise and drank wine every day, I'm now doing a minimum of 3 hours of intense cardio a week, and absolutely no alcohol during the week. I do have a drink on a Friday and Saturday night, but switch from the wine to bacardi and diet coke as less calories.

It is frustrating when you you read people have lost twice if not three times more, and yes I do have a lot to lose!

I will keep at it - I have to.

x
  • tamuaggie2007
    tamuaggie2007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Started a little after Jan. 1. Down 20 lbs overall. Starting to come off a little bit slower, so I'm working in some new exercises to my workout.

Good luck to all!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm Amanda, and I started right about Christmas time, when I saw the pic of myself (it's in my pics on my profile and has my starting weight on it...eek!)

I have not given everything up, but I've been better about moderation for sure! So far I've dropped about 16 lbs in just over 2 months! Feeling great!!!
  • kschudy
    kschudy Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow, reading all these big successes makes me feel like I haven't done enough. I started Jan. 5 and have lost 13 pounds, but the last 3 weeks or so has been basically nothing! I did start weight training (twice a week) two weeks ago, so I'm REALLY hoping that has something to do with it! :-|
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    I have lost 14 lbs since mid Jan, 10-11% body weight decrease!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 1, 2012, but my weight loss ticker reflects what I've lost since Dec 26, 2011. I got on the scale at my parents on Christmas and was shocked to see 241, my highest weight ever! My Fiance and I had already committed to losing weight together in preparation for our wedding, starting on January 1st. My weight loss since Jan 1 is 26 lbs, and my total loss to date is 31. I'm getting the "easy to lose" pounds out of the way pretty fast, and I'm digging in and gearing up for the battle to shed those harder to lose pounds once the fast drop phase ends! My personal motivation that keeps me going is the Fat 2 Fit Radio podcast...completely revolutionized how I think about food, exercise and lifestyle changes!
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 3 and loving my new healthier lifestyle! (after the first 3 weeks of not loosing a thing! :smile: )

and @natalie dont feel bad i have lost pretty much the same about as you and am feeling really proud of myself for loosing it!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Wow, reading all these big successes makes me feel like I haven't done enough. I started Jan. 5 and have lost 13 pounds, but the last 3 weeks or so has been basically nothing! I did start weight training (twice a week) two weeks ago, so I'm REALLY hoping that has something to do with it! :-|

Definitely it could also have to do with how much weight you are trying to lose like if you are overweight or obese you lose weight faster at first. Don't worry though just keep it up and you will see results!! I've only lost 8 pounds so far!!
  • jabbaknight
    jabbaknight Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bought a Kindle Fire in mid-December, and found the MFP app soon thereafter. I dropped about 5 lbs between Thanksgiving and New Years, but have lost 20 since January 6th. My goal is to lose 32 more lbs. Then I will be at my marrying weight from 25 years ago.

I also have gotten three people to sign up here and use it regularly.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Started January 2. I've lost 20 lb since Jan 2.
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    I started the first week of Jan. I've only lost about 13 lbs. I had a bad week where I was eating like poo but still making it to the gym... which slowed the losses down quite a bit. But I'm still on the wagon!

Congratulations to everyone for sticking to it! What awesome success everyone is having! :)
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I'd worked with a dietician for several months first, and then started working out with a personal trainer in November, but I joined MFP Jan 1st. Since I joined MFP I've lost 14lbs.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started Jan. 4. I had lost 11 pounds, but then had my birthday weekend this past weekend and kind of over-did it...now I'm "only" down 8. :blushing: BUT, I am confident I am back on track already and I'll lose again at my next weigh-in!
  • laurajplus4
    laurajplus4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started January 1, and am down 7.5lbs. I have less to lose though. I know I am working my butt off, so even though the loss is slow, I feel awesome.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started on the 6th January, not influenced by a news years resolution or anything I just got fed up of being fat and decided to do something about it!

Lost 15KG so far. Loosing it pretty quick which I know isn't ideal but I cant seem to control it, I'm eating plenty according to MFP and have started eating breakfast, more regulary, drinking loads of water.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I started just after New Years.

I tried on outfit after outfit after outfit for New Years until I eventually gave up and cried because everything looked terrible.

I knew I'd gained weight, but I wasn't ready to admit that I needed to help myself.

I'm already 24 pounds down (maybe more by now, I haven't weighed myself in a bit,) and I am still going strong!

Good luck to everybody else! :)
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I started New Years Day as part of my resolution to lose weight and live a more healthy lifestyle. I'm sooo excited to say that I'm five pounds from being a healthy, normal BMI. That's going to be huge for me, since I've been overweight for pretty much my entire life.