What is with all the personal info threads?

Options

Replies

• breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you mean you DON'T want my phone number? but, but, but.... it's 867-5309! :laugh:

Oh Jenny, there you are! I wondered who I could turn to.

ha ha love this!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    someone want to trade identities?? might be fun!:bigsmile:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Anyone steals my idenity I am going to sit back and watch.... it should be a pretty good comedy.

No *kitten*! I wanna be there when they're applying for that credit card! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Most people don't know this, but my profile pic isn't really of me....I just use it to throw off the identity thieves.

Thats funny
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Anyone steals my idenity I am going to sit back and watch.... it should be a pretty good comedy.

No *kitten*! I wanna be there when they're applying for that credit card! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

me too, because I know the response. it goes like this..... ":laugh: :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :laugh:", etc"
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My credit =

baddie-brawl-michael-myers-vs-jason-voorhees-20071002034833563-000.jpg

Still want it? Feel free...

^LOL Too awesome!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried about stalkers than identity theft. I've seen posts asking where are your from, how many kids, what age did you xxxxx (do many things), what is your real name, etc. Using information from these posts just about anyone could find you if they wanted.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am decapitated to prevent people from stealing my head.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Most people don't know this, but my profile pic isn't really of me....I just use it to throw off the identity thieves.

Winner!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Did you ever notice that women use their maiden names on Facebook ALL the time? Real big secret, eh?
    It is not the fact that YOU use YOUR maiden name. It is that many people use their MOTHER'S maiden name and this is also used for security, identification purposes.

However, I am a mother... And I do not use my maiden name on FB in order to protect my grown child from would-be credit thieves who might be looking for her mothers maiden name (my maiden name).

Oh c'mon... by the time my kids are grown FB will have been completely replaced by something else. Kind of like how FB replaced MySpace.
    What is this "MySpace" of which you speak?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    This picture is just my inspiration and not really me.
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    you mean you DON'T want my phone number? but, but, but.... it's 867-5309! :laugh:

I got it, I got it, I got it!
    I got your number on the wall!
    For a good time, for a good time call....
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Speaking of identity theft, I just cleared up a bit of it concerning my mom's taxes. Someone filed a claim under her info and they were awfully surprised when they deposited that big $3.00 check after my mom's student loans took the rest. Got it straightened out and the rascals info is being investigated by the local tax office & authorities, but that was some funny stuff. Thinking they're going to get a few thousand and Oh... But ... No!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    ok, so first you decide who you want to info about.

Then you google their screen name.. you'll probably find a facebook or myspace account.
    a little digging around there, and you should also find a email address pretty easily.

now that you have more info about who they are, start with the public info searching.. tax records are a good start. so are court documents.. traffic tickets, marriage licenses, etc...

now you know who they are, where they live... you know from myspace/facebook where they go and who they hang out with.
    if you're good, you have enough info to start calling around as them to whatever other info you want.

its waaay too easy.
    I have searched for 5 people now for various things.. mostly because I got older vehicles and needed a title.
    A good example is the last one I did.. I had a 1974 triumph spitfire, but no title.
    By the time I was done, I had found the woman the DMV thinks is the owner. She hadnt seen the car in 30 years. She had changed her name twice (marriage).... I had her full medical records, social security info, her daughters info, living history, tax history, what cars she owned, how much she made... it was crazy. I could totally use her identity to take out a loan or do whatever I wanted.. (obviously I didnt..)

all because she wasnt particularly careful in what she gave out.... and neither is the hospital, the electric company, etc. and people dont realize how much "personal" info is really public.
    where you live is not a secret.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

thats just silly.
    a decapitated head is easier to steal.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I got your number on the wall!
    For a good time, for a good time call....

hahahaha! Awesome!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Speaking of identity theft, I just cleared up a bit of it concerning my mom's taxes. Someone filed a claim under her info and they were awfully surprised when they deposited that big $3.00 check after my mom's student loans took the rest. Got it straightened out and the rascals info is being investigated by the local tax office & authorities, but that was some funny stuff. Thinking they're going to get a few thousand and Oh... But ... No!

I have to say, I lol'ed at this for real.
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options

Thats funny

I agree! That was hilarious!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options

thats just silly.
    a decapitated head is easier to steal.

chicken dinner
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Did you ever notice that women use their maiden names on Facebook ALL the time? Real big secret, eh?
    It is not the fact that YOU use YOUR maiden name. It is that many people use their MOTHER'S maiden name and this is also used for security, identification purposes.

However, I am a mother... And I do not use my maiden name on FB in order to protect my grown child from would-be credit thieves who might be looking for her mothers maiden name (my maiden name).

Oh c'mon... by the time my kids are grown FB will have been completely replaced by something else. Kind of like how FB replaced MySpace.

Yours might not be grown, but mine are and I am paranoid