breastfeeding

Options
13»

Replies

• FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I breast fed for a full year with my daughter and I lost about 40lbs... but I ate very healthy ( I ate alot but very healthy) drank tons and tons of water and did walk every single day for at least 1 hour. And absolutely your baby will be in amazing health as well :)
    I am a big advocate on breastfeeding and I am involved in a program to help expecting and new moms adjust to breastfeeding and go through all the ups and downs. (if they feel any pain or discomfort, difficulties latching, ect... just some tips and tricks) Also visiting them in hospital and at home if they feel the need to give some `hands on`help so to speak....I`ve also been part of many pre and post natale classes to help expecting and new moms about all the amazing benefits of breastfeeding.
    So yes you can lose weight while breastfeeding because it burns so many calories but you also have to eat very healthy, exercise and drink plenty of non cafeinated drinks. And like the other posters said it does vary... you may not lose a ton of weight but the most important is that your baby is healthy! congrats and I hope all goes well!!
    Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Moms r the best!!!
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've lost 44 lbs total

14 since on mfp

my lo is 5 months:-)

and congrats by the way!