Ezekial Bread ...

Options
13»

Replies

• flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I love it. The cinnamon raisin is top notch. But the regular whole grain is great for toast or as a vehicle for peanut butter, almond butter or local honey!
  • Destinie589
    Destinie589 Posts: 211
    Options
    Oh man I LOVE it. But I don't know a lot of details on the product itself. I eat it toasted, not with butter or good stuff. It's good on its own. :smile:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm not a sandwhichy person, but I love the cinnamon raisin toasted with a little smear of cream cheese on top. Yum! Also, yes, its a good bit more expensive than regular bread, but I leave mine in the freezer, and I only have a slice at a time, so it lasts plenty long.
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's a terrific choice! They are very tasty, my favorite is the cinnamon raisin. It's 100% Sprouted whole grain bread, it's low glycemic, it's flourless, has great protein and no trans fats, 0 fats, 0 cholesterol, it's organic, and there are 18 amino acids in this bread. It's about 80 cals/slice. Highly recommend it, it's the best bread anyone can buy.

You can find it in the refrigerated organic section of your grocery store. I learned about this bread from a certified nutritionist. Ezekial also makes spaghetti and cereal now.

Hope you like it!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a pretty picky eater when it comes to taste and especially texture. I like this bread. I buy it occassionally. My kids like it too. Strange, but true :)
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love it! I have it for breakfast every morning toasted with raw honey, coconut oil, & peanut butter! I've tried a few of their other products as well and so far I like everything i have tried!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, as far as where to buy it, I can find it at my local health food store, Whole Foods, etc, but I can also find it at the local Kroger, Martin's or even Food Lion. Almost all grocery stores have at least a small "natural foods" section and you can find it in the freezer there.

It's not that different in price than the locally baked whole grain bread I buy. Maybe $1 more?
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Higher in protein and fiber.. just fills me more.. and i LOVE the cinnamon raisin one.
  • georgie304
    Options
    Got back to my Ezekial bread in the mornings. It is so much more filling.

I love nutty/grainy breads! This is awesome toasted with a little butter (or other type of spread).

I have tried it with sandwiches and it isn't as good... It HAS to be toasted!
  • Papa_Grande
    Papa_Grande Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm just confused as to where you buy it. I've been shopping at this HUGE farmers market and was very excited that I remembered to put it on my list, but couldn't find it anywhere! They didn't have Ezekial brand so I figured I would look for "sprouted grain" but it was no where to be found. So it's not at regular stores and not at the hugest farmers market I've ever seen...I just don't get it

It's only found in the freezer of supermarkets. .. I looked in the bread sections for weeks till someone told me.
  • WeighToGoJudy
    WeighToGoJudy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've tried it... the sprouted grain variety. I found it at Kroger in the organic frozen section. I thought it was just okay. I wasn't blown away by it, and I was hoping that after spending almost 5 dollars for a loaf that I would absolutely love it. I do like nuttier grain type breads, so i guess I'll stick with arnold's and pepperidge farm. I'm not concerned with gluten and such.