How do you motivate yourself to log on to my fitness pal

Options
124»

Replies

• Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    1. I've tried just "eating good" and not logging and sppsrenrlt I suck at estimating because that's a big reason why I have gained the past few years.

2. I really really want to see "has logged in 365 days".
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I take time each night to decide what I want to eat the next day for the ENTIRE day. Then I will either log it that same night for the next day or take time to log it first thing in the morning BEFORE I ever put a morsel of food in my mouth. I try to never eat anything that I hadn't planned to eat or had already logged. Occasionally I have to delete a snack that I didn't get time to eat because I was too busy at work.

I find it much easier to stay on track if I pre-plan. I used to do that when I was at Weight Watchers as well. By thinking about it the night before you are more likely NOT to eat things you haven't planned for.

I also love the threads here. I don't always post a comment but I do a lot of reading. I have only been on mfp for two weeks so I find it exciting to log my food and exercise and watch the calories I can have go down but see myself staying with in my calories. I don't know how long you have been doing this, so maybe that's why you are struggling a little with logging on.

Just make it a priority/goal to NOT eat anything you don't calculate and log first. That will keep you from eating too many calories and then being shocked after you have already eaten it and its too late.

Good Luck, hang in there!

Erin
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Also- think of your calories as a bank account. If you spend a bunch on breakfast, you'll be too poor for dinner. Of course, this mentality works better if you're used to being broke and always thinking about your bank account. Like me. Lol.

I LOVE Budgeting!!! i think this is why this site works so well for me!! :)

Turns my love of financial budgeting into a food budget..