When do you buy new clothes?

Options
13»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have this issue as well. I went from 42 jeans and finally broke down and bought 38's and new shirts at Christmas time. I am now easily into a 36, but am trying to hold off until I get to 34's so I can skip a size. I also really am starting to need new shirts, but spring is around the corner so I will wait. At that point I might buy more then enough to just get "by". I am tired of doing laundry.

That was me, too. I used to have to do at least one load of laundry every day because I was wearing the same things over and over. Now I do a load once or twice a week, and that's mostly just my workout clothes. I moved about a month ago, and I didn't realize until I was packing and unpacking everything that I had accumulated quite a bit of clothing since reaching my goal size.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I won't buy many pants until I'm in the size. Right now, I'm between a 12 and 14 (more a 12) and I'm living in 3 pairs of jeans. 2 are 14's which the skinny type of jeans fit because they're tight but the other 14's (Levi's) are baggy in the butt and waist.
    Then I have the 12's and those fit just right. I won't be buying anymore until I'm a 12 officially.

With dresses and skirts, well they're more forgiving. I have skirts in medium and large. I even have a dress in a size 10. So I'll go ahead and buy dresses/ skirts because most likely I'll fit into those for a while since most of time I buy them fitted to my body.
  • heidienglund
    heidienglund Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great question! I just bought a belt on Monday! I picked out a very fasionable leather belt that I really liked, and it was on sale when I went to pay for it, and that made me very happy! first belt I have bought in at least ten years! cool!