ditch too big clothes?

Options

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    See if there is a resale shop in your area. I took bunch of "trendy" clothes, they bought them and I picked up my new sizes, whatever they didn't take I took to Goodwill and a Woman's Shelter.

Make the commitment to yourself and get rid of them!!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I would maybe keep one pair of pants and one shirt that way when you are at your goal you can compare, but them would get rid of all the rest.

I really like this idea. I'm going to donate a bunch of my clothes over the weekend, I think.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    or sell! Hey times are hard!:glasses:
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    save something for the pictures later tho...some pants you can put on and hold out to 'there' and say "look what I used to wear" and LOOK AT ME NOW!!!! :glasses:

THIS!!! That would be an awesome idea!!!
  • sarahsmithard
    Options
    I had a lot of work clothes that were good quality so I sold them on eBay for £450 in total. Which was just a small amount towards the whole new wardrobe I had to buy when losing almost half of my body weight.
    Another thing I did was get my colours done. I had spent years looking at my clothes as temporary things that I would wear until I lost weight, but now they are a long term investment (don't buy designer, but I do buy a lot!) so I wanted to get them right. Now I am confident in my choices...
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I got rid of 6 trashbags worth of clothes..there is no going back there..now that I am educated....
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I keep a 30 gallon tote in my bedroom. After wearing something "one last time" I wash it and put in the tote. I've gone down through all the different sizes in my closet until everything I have now is new items. I've donated SIX totes to Goodwill. Wonderful feeling to get rid of the clothes. I still have some tee shirts, but I'm going to have to break down and donate them too. The necks are so big that when I zumba, the shirts tend to twist around me. Not such a bad problem to have!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks you guys. I loved these responses!!!! They really inspired me. I'm gathering all my too big stuff to get rid of.
    Will keep one old pair of pants for before and after pics.
    Love the super creative idea of making a hanging with your graphic tees, how cool!
    Stopped at Savers tonight after work and got a bunch of tops for super cheap!
    You all really inspired me.
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them!!! If you keep them then you will be saying to yourself that you will go back to your old ways - DON'T DO IT!!!

Buy NEW clothes every time you lose a dress size and donate the old ones - it gives you inspiration and something to look forward to every time you lose weight.

Well Done!!!
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    I just sold a load of mine on ebay - some were never even worn! Had to find a way to fund the new clothing habit now that I can fit into clothes from 'normal' shops!

Get rid of them!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Get rid of it- QUICKLY. I'm completely serious.

THREE things:

#1- someone else needs your too big clothing... pass them along!
    #2- while losing more weight, dont' invest in a new wardrobe at the mall. Take advantage of deals at Goodwill, etc. Or other friends that are cleaning out their own stuff!
    #3- MOST IMPORTANTLY--- it's an incredible boost to self confidence and the passion to go forward when you see yourself in smaller clothing!!!
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    See I can't afford to buy new ones so I'm boning up on my sewing skiils and making all my mens t-shirts (I bought mens-yes) into cute fitted ladies ones and wearing my jeans with belts. I've ended up with a bit of an indie look from it.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. I loved these responses!!!! They really inspired me. I'm gathering all my too big stuff to get rid of.
    Will keep one old pair of pants for before and after pics.
    Love the super creative idea of making a hanging with your graphic tees, how cool!
    Stopped at Savers tonight after work and got a bunch of tops for super cheap!
    You all really inspired me.

Don't even keep that pair of big jeans, either!! You can always go to WalMart when you are at goal weight.... get your old size off the shelf. Put them on in the Try Out Room, take the pic, then put them back on the shelf!!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I wear mine to the gym and stuff still, or just around the house as daggy bed time clothes.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you like doing crafts your old clothes could be a good source of material for bits and bobs.
  • daisytripp
    daisytripp Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I take them apart and plan to use the fabric to recreate my new, smaller wardrobe with more pieces. :)
  • Nikki206
    Nikki206 Posts: 69
    Options
    I plan to donate all but my biggest jeans! I want to do the "**holds pants up** 'Look how much I've lost!' **Drop pants, strike a pose**" I will be awesome! =) I'm afraid if I keep them that I will get comfy again and still have something to wear if I gain. I'm SUPER frugal with my money so I won't want to buy those sizes again knowing I just got rid of perfectly good "fat" clothes. :laugh:
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I actually saved mine but only just in case I get preggo one more time. After my b day this year - donate!

Same here. We want another baby, so I will save my "fat clothes" for the beginning of pregnancy and after. Until I am able to fit into my skinny clothes again! :-D
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes! Ditch the big clothes! I am doing that this weekend! I refuse to ever wear those fat clothes again!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If you don't plan on getting pregnant, then donate. :). We are not having more kids, so I will donate all my bigger clothes. Need room for the nicer slimmer clothes. Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!