Will The Real Dave 198lbs please stand up!!!!

Options

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Well.....frankly I'm a little shocked.....and somewhat impressed.

I don't think I would be able to keep my mouth shut if 5 pages of thread had been made just for me.:noway:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Well.....frankly I'm a little shocked.....and somewhat impressed.

I don't think I would be able to keep my mouth shut if 5 pages of thread had been made just for me.:noway:

ditto!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Geez - watch a movie with the fam and all this happens! I was wondering what made Dave be so fake sugary sweet :laugh: Wait, I've got a lure. He won't be able to resist this!!

Dave - I have 350 calories left over to eat today. Should I just have a dougnut and get it over with?? :tongue: Maybe if I put some Cool Whip on the doughnut and with coffee with sugar free, fat free Hazelnut CoffeeMate???

*that should do the trick*
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I can see his points and he does give good advice, but this is the first time I ever seen him in a different light that completely rubbed me the wrong way.

a couple of times I did find him a little overwhelming and frustrating but for the most part I find him to be okay.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    He annoys me in the way that he goes about things, but generally I agree with him. I'm a little miffed that someone would report him for listing the ingredients in light Mayo. Kinda worries me that people cannot solve problems between themselves and resort to an 'easy' button.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Geez - watch a movie with the fam and all this happens! I was wondering what made Dave be so fake sugary sweet :laugh: Wait, I've got a lure. He won't be able to resist this!!

Dave - I have 350 calories left over to eat today. Should I just have a dougnut and get it over with?? :tongue: Maybe if I put some Cool Whip on the doughnut and with coffee with sugar free, fat free Hazelnut CoffeeMate???

*that should do the trick*

Wow, if this didn't do it, he's dead! :cry:

I can usually get a rise out of him. Cuz I'm the cheer leader type. Not a mollycoddler (that really is a fun word, thanks for using it!) but less "pull the rug out from under you" and more "hey, come on here is a better rug to stand on."
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Dave is like walking into a sliding glass door. You're ticked at the door, when really it was your fault for not paying attention.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Dave is like walking into a sliding glass door. You're ticked at the door, when really it was your fault for not paying attention.

:noway: Lynnie............I am going to use that line. WOW!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this simply b/c I don't know what the H-E-double hockey sticks is going on! If this is what happens when I leave for vacation, I'm not doing it again! :noway:

People need to stop being so dang sensitive & reporting someone when they don't like what they say or how they say it. GROW UP, grow a back bone, suck it up! How do these people function in the real world? Do they live in a dang bubble?! BAH!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Sara, it reminds me of the people who complained about the Teletubbies. Said they were from the Devil and the one with the triangle represented the gay community. (wasnt put so nicely)

This was a church group, so I politely stood up and said " I have a GREAT solution!"

"Change the channel!!!"

Change, the , channel.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Seriously! If you don't like what Dave has to say, skip over his posts. I don't like what HALF the people on here have to say b/c it is usually bologna, but I don't report them for being dolts...wait...maybe I should start doing that....Hmmmm....
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :angry: That is all!
  • snugglybare
    snugglybare Posts: 30
    Options
    Wow, I just saw this tread.....ALL this and still no Dave......

Should we start a memorial service???/

I'll start by saying:

I am new to the site, and one of my first interactions with Dave was.... um:huh: ....yeah...:ohwell:
    Well, he got right to the making fun of me!!! :sad: It was great, I like the sarcasm, humor, and teasing....:laugh: :wink: Dave made me feel right at home! :flowerforyou:

Lat's start the memorial :cry: .....add your favorite Dave memory here....:smile:

Maybe he'll come back....what once was lost, will be found :bigsmile:

:heart: Dave's math dork!!!:blushing:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Oh no what did I miss!???
    I don't think Max has been banned.....again...yet

I hope Dave didn't get reported for that intro post (some of u may know what I mean)
    I think as long as you don't use offensive language (as in obscenities or verbally attack someone) you should be able to stat your opinion.....w/ out the sugar, cool whip, sugar coating etc

I just don't get it!
    I know weight is a sensitive topic.......but If I come across someone on a message board that I don't agree with their style/sense of humor..I ignore them, don't respond
    LOOK THE OTHER WAY...geez....

DAVE...where are you?????
    Kim
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Dave is a good person. He wuz the first one to ask about MG and kept pm-ing me to make sure she is ok, I like Dave. He is genuine and real. I bet he's a bill collector in real life :laugh:

thanks CD

you are almost correct on the job
    some think my job is a few notches BELOW a bill collector

thanks Cody for starting this and thanks to all who posted

its all good in the end despite the "other" stuff
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    he lives! :laugh:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm bumping this thread, too -- I have been fortunate enough to not have experienced Dave's brand of wit personally, but that's mostly because I have yet to publicly admit any of my processed food weaknesses in the forum setting . . .

I've been on the site for 5 or 6 weeks now, and can honestly say that "nice" or not, the words/advice I remember and take to heart are from those people that tell it like it is . . . and can do it with conviction, strength, and humor. I happen to enjoy witty banter and clever sarcasm, but if I didn't, I would surely just skip over it . . .

Can we start a petition to present to Mike? I will be really bummed if this site turns into a one-sided, coddle-only zone. Tough love is needed, too, to balance the equation.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Oh yay! I was posting at the same time. Glad he's still out there . . .
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    YEAH...ok, I can carry on with the rest of my day now

Morning Davie...glad to see you aren't in 'trouble'
    :wink:

Kim
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Dave, glad to see you're still out there:flowerforyou:
    As you can see by this thread that even people who sometimes don't agree with you still want you on. You are opening peoples eyes to what is in the food they are eating. Sadly some don't care.
    Hope Dave and all his Angels have a good day:flowerforyou: