ground turkey
    pistachio
    tofu noodles
    organic vegetarian chili
    various canned beans
    pesto
    eggs (TONS of them lol)
    non fat greek yogurt

I buy my fruits, veggies, and fresh herbs from the farmers market and pretty much buy whats in season.
    I use certain things A LOT:

basil
    onion
    tomato
    garlic
    cauliflower
    spinach
    zucchini
    yellow squash
    potatoe

orange
    apple
    mango
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    oatmeal
    frozen fruit
    tequila
    walnuts
    spinach
    various apples
    Plus other vegan sundries
  • MsPinVa
    MsPinVa Posts: 29 Member

My biggest problem is I'm single and I hate cooking large meals and eating leftovers. I tend to gravitate toward the quick-and-easy which also tends to not be as good for you.

I'm also trying to get more vegetables in my diet, but aside from raw or steamed I don't really know what to do with them.

I'm also single, and I feel your pain. But shopping up to twice a week for fresh veggies for salads is a must. Canned meats or deli meats for salads, hardboiled eggs. Also, someone mentioned seasonings- stock up to make a flavorful punch, and sample different dressings.

As for me: salad ingredients, apples, greek yogurts, lean meats, soy/almond milk from the beverage aisle, teas, frozen veggies. ( Eggs - FREE, thank you mom for raising chickens! :-D )
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    I like getting different things for my protein shakes:
    almond milk
    jello sugar free vanilla pudding mix
    strawberries
    blueberries
    kiwis
    frozen peaches
    cantelope
    spinach
    peanut butter

I want to get my protein in but I like having a different flavor every day
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Spinach
    Baby Portabella Mushrooms
    Mini Sweet Peppers
    Lean Beef
    Chicken
    Pork
    Apples
    Grapes
    Bananas
    Bleu Cheese
    Feta Cheese
    Pitas
    Brown Rice
    Shredded Wheat cereal
    Honey
    All Natural Plain Yogurt
    Popcorn
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Chicken stock
    Beef stock
    Vegetable bullion
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions!

My biggest problem is I'm single and I hate cooking large meals and eating leftovers. I tend to gravitate toward the quick-and-easy which also tends to not be as good for you.

I'm also trying to get more vegetables in my diet, but aside from raw or steamed I don't really know what to do with them.

If you don't like leftovers and only want to cook enough for one......get a Food Saver (vaccuum sealer) and when you bring home a package of meat, you can portion it out to individual amounts and freeze them seperately. Then, you always have the right amount to cook for yourself with no leftovers.

And try tossing your veggies with a little bit of olive oil and spreading on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper or other seasonings and cook at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Makes veggies delicious!
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    My shopping list is definitely getting longer! I'm going to go add a bunch of spices that people mentioned as well as some of the protein options people mentioned.

I've heard of roasting veggies before too. Is it any vegetable or are there specific ones that handle roasting better?