Cannot lose weight and very frustrated.

Options
124»

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you do p90x twice a day?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been netting under 400 all along :/

there is your problem. end of discussion.
  • picimadar
    picimadar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been netting under 400 all along :/

there is your problem. end of discussion.

You're about three pages late to the party, but thanks for coming out.

Also, same for above, good reading. I said p90, not p90x.
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    have a couple of glasses of red wine :-)

sometimes a "shock" to my system gets me off that plateau

Now that's the best advice I've seen yet. :-P
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, I'm going to go to the gym and start the system from "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" today. It starts slow, so that should be good, but I have NO idea how to eat back all these calories!

I've set my base at 1550-1650 a day, a little above my BMR, and so eating back my calories from the strength training and elliptical will put me around 1900 calories to net today! I honestly don't know HOW to eat this much and keep it healthy.

I've probably been unintentionally starving myself for months if 1700 calories feels like this much food, and it's really my maintenance level.

Here is what I do to help me get 2700 calories a day.

Step 1 - Grab Spoon
    Step 2 - Grab Peanut Butter Jar
    Step 3 - Insert spoon into jar
    Step 4 - Eat spoon full of peanut butter
    Step 5 - Repeat one more time.

Hahahaa, I guess that works. Just trying to keep my macros up without getting too much fat, but peanut butter IS damn delicious.

On a side note, someone suggested doing 20-30mins if HIIT in the morning and then lifting in the afternoon or night to help cut fat. If I eat back the calories from this, I could at least gain some muscle tone and lose some body fat without working into a bit deficit, right? I'm trying to be less preoccupied about weight, but I'd certainly like to cut off some of this flab and get some muscle instead.

If you go above a macro, fat and protein are the ones to do it on. You can't really get too much fat. Carbs are hit or miss on many people.
  • picimadar
    Options
    No kidding. Learned how to deadlift today.... Can only do 95, but it's a start!
  • picimadar
    Options
    For anyone who's interested, I think I figured out what happened.

Sept-Nov 2011: Blast body with endless aeronic cardio and limited calories = lose whatever lean muscle mass I had, however lose 20lb. Become... not skinny fat... 'normal-sized fat'.

Jan 2011: try losing weight, fail miserably because my body is all '**** that, you have nothing left to lose'. Go around looking like a tub of jello due to having no muscle tone or muscle to begin with whatsoever.

March 2011: **** THIS. If it takes a goddamn YEAR, I'm going to rebuild that muscle and then work on cutting my body fat. If it means eating 2500 calories a day and staying the same way, I'll do it. My body needs muscle to be thin. My body needs muscle to be healthy. So be it. I'll give it what it wants.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I broke my weight loss plateau with intermittent fasting, I recommend it, I keep losing weight and it's effortless.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    For anyone who's interested, I think I figured out what happened.

Sept-Nov 2011: Blast body with endless aeronic cardio and limited calories = lose whatever lean muscle mass I had, however lose 20lb. Become... not skinny fat... 'normal-sized fat'.

Jan 2011: try losing weight, fail miserably because my body is all '**** that, you have nothing left to lose'. Go around looking like a tub of jello due to having no muscle tone or muscle to begin with whatsoever.

March 2011: **** THIS. If it takes a goddamn YEAR, I'm going to rebuild that muscle and then work on cutting my body fat. If it means eating 2500 calories a day and staying the same way, I'll do it. My body needs muscle to be thin. My body needs muscle to be healthy. So be it. I'll give it what it wants.

Yay! Don't be surprised if you gain a little when you start eating at a good caloric level. I've been lifting heavy (no cardio) since September and I've seen great changes. I've only lost about 17 lbs but I've gone from a 12 to a 6. My avi is mid January and last week (about 6 weeks or so). I'm only down about 2 lbs there (I've only been eating at a slight deficit).
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference
    8 weeks for your friends and family to notice
    and 12 weeks for the world to notice