is weight watchers better

Options
13»

Replies

• shanea98
    shanea98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    there is an actual formual to convert calories to points. WW just doesnt want people to do this as they would lose money- lol
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is calories made more complicated. And it's changed constantly so you have to keep buying their stuff.

Is there a reason you're not logging?
  • bonjolie1971
    Options
    I follow WW to a certain extent. I weigh in weekly and I enjoy many of their products. However, it's gotten more complicated, and in many ways you're almost forced to buy some of their tools and such. Plus, their website does not have nearly as many foods listed as MFP has in its database. I also really love the support I get on MFP....and the knowledge. I have learned so much, and from such a diverse group of people. The site is formatted way better than WW. I have lost weight on WW, and I know it works, and that's why I'm still a member. We shall see if that changes.
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    thank you for all the reaaly great advice Ithink i will stick with mp for now as someone mentioned i'm not logging which has been due to timebut Ihave stuck to caloriesallowed weighed this morning and have lost 4lb this week so perhaps I'm just being to competitive.
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    I've never tried it. Don't want to pay for it! I have had some ready meals by WW but they are rubbish. Everything is so tomatoey!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    read studies on the diet.

those on weight watchers lose more weight than those on diet/exercise alone.

weight watchers = lower weight, lower muscle mass

healthy diet + exercise = not as low weight, higher muscle mass

... you take your pick\

personal opinion? WW is great for those that have a serious amount of weight to lose. but once that number is less than 100, you need to learn how to eat healthy and exercise in order for that weight to stay off for the long term.