Do you remember the first time you....

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    I have vague memories of Disney's Bed-knobs and Broomsticks, popcorn and not much else. I know it must have been a cheep 2nd run theater, cuz that all my mom took us to as kids.
    Kentucky Fried Movie.
    My friends sister snuck us in.

my mom took us to this when I was 8 or 9. What the heck was she thinking?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    First movie I saw in a theater was Babe. I was 5, I went with my mom and brother
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    One summer when I was 6 the theater in the small town where we lived showed all the classic Disney Movies. In one summer I saw Dumbo, Bambi, Cinderella, and Snow White. I don't remember which one was first. I DO remember seeing my teacher at the showing to Snow White and wondering how the hell she escaped from the school.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    First in a theater was Return of the Jedi. Loved it!
  • First movie; Food of the Gods, my oldest brother snuck me in, I was 11. to this day I am petrified of rats. Petrified!
    We both got our butts beat when I woke up that night screaming my head off from having nightmare of giant rats eating me alive...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Food_of_the_Gods_(film)
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 945 Member
    The first French kiss was during moon raker with a girl 3 years older who eventually became the prom queen.

Butterflies.
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Its Horrible " The Titanic" when i was like 6 i remember i feel in love with kate winslet and her boob scene haha
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Its Horrible " The Titanic"

^ Agree. Too bad it's coming back. :huh: :noway:

First movie in a theater was the Muppet Movie. In the 70s they let kids sit there and watch it twice in a row while their parents were out running errands. If a parent did that today, I think they'd get arrested. :laugh:

But even before the Muppet Movie, I saw Star Wars on a booster seat from the backseat of the family car at the Drive-In!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    It was "The Land Before Time" (the original). It was 1988 or 89? I was 5 or 6. It was for a friend's birthday party :)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    The Karate Kid, Part II
    think i was 5 or 6
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Curly Sue when I was 8 with my mom.. i think thats the only time i ever went to the movies with my mom
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Fantasia when I was around 5 with my Dad, so early 80's sometime.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I'm pretty sure it was either Star Wars or Superman.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    I was about 5 and I saw the Little Mermaid when it came out. It was with my cousin who is like my sister.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    "Escape to Witch Mountain" - the original

I was 6, i think, and I was with my grandmother's best friend and my little sister who would have been three.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    I was 8 years old and I went to watch chicken run. :smile: I went with a few friends
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Star Wars Episode one in the theatre as a kid
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I vaguely remember watching a rerelease of Bambi in the 80's... or maybe it was Snow White... or maybe I have seen both... It was before we could afford a VCR.

ETA: I had to be around 4, 5 or 6 at the time.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Duhammmmmmmmmmmmn, I'm old! Must have been a silent film ;)

No, actually, I DO remember going to see Sleeping Beauty (the original film that was made in 1959!) I was probably 6 or 7? Don't remember my age, but DO remember it was at the "fancy" theater downtown!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Snoopy Come Home...and I cried so hard when Snoopy had to leave his friends that my parents had to take me out into the lobby to calm down.