Do you remember the first time you....

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mary Poppins with my mom and siblings. I don't remember exactly what age, but we were pretty young. Not even in school yet I think.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it was either Star Wars or Superman.

I saw Star Wars at a drive-in at 7.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    First movie I saw in theaters was Beauty & the Beast. My mom got me out of school early to go see it. It was a very surreal experience to be sitting there with my kid watching it when it came out in 3D.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I vaguely recall "Herbie Goes Bananas." I think i was with my mom and my sister, and I must have been maybe 8?
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Bambi (yes, I just showed my age) I was extremely upset that his mother was killed at the beginning of the movie!!! And now, I live in Alabama with deer hunters all around me!! haha!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Grizzly Adams with my parents...
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think the first one I saw in theaters was Rescuer's Down Under, I can't remember how old I was. I still like that movie.

This is the first movie I REMEMBER VIVIDLY. It came out in 90, so I was 6 or 7. I also saw Arachnaphobia the same year. 21 years later, I'm barely getting beyond my fear of spiders.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The first movie I remember seeing in a theater - but I might have gone to others before - was Star Wars in 1977 when I was 5 years old. :heart:
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I went to see The Lion King when I was 3 or 4. My daughter's first movie was The Lion King 3D. She was 17 months, and she did surprisingly well! Just had to tug along a sippy cup and some snacks. There were other babies her age there, too.
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    While Titanic was not the first movie I saw in the theater it is the one that I remember seeing. It was my first real date outside of going to a school dance. I saw Disney movies and cartoon type movies when I was little. My Mom cried when we saw Lady and the Tramp!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was 5. I went with my friend Allyson and her family and we saw Operation Dumbo Drop.

This is the first time that I can ever remember, anyway. I fell asleep and remember waking up when my dad was carrying me inside from their vehicle.
  • cmm160
    cmm160 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think mine was willie wonka and the chocolate factory
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Home Alone - I was 6 or 7 (I was born in 1984, so however old I would have been when it came out). My father took me and my sister and he fell asleep by the opening credits and snored the entire time.
    I was mortified, but I still love that movie.
  • DavidWagnon
    Options
    The first movie I remember seeing is Jailhouse Rock. I was five. My father worked nights as the projectionist so Mom and I got in free.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I think mine was willie wonka and the chocolate factory

That's one of my all-time favorite movies........not the crappy remake, but the original with Gene Wilder!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think it was Return of the Jedi, and I was born in 1980 so I was little.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Urrm it was the king and I, I was six or seven I think. I went with a childhood friend, her mum, and my two sisters lol.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    Mine was 'Once Upon a Forest'. I assume I went with my mum and one or both of my aunts.

I was six at the time, and I remember the movie but not the people I was with. The cinema was a very rare treat when I was young. I don't know of many people who ever saw the movie, I don't think it did that well.

I love that movie!!

i looove that movie too!! mine was the lion king if i remember right
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    A re-release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs when I was 3. I cried. The next one I remember is E.T. I cried. This remains a common theme in my movie going experiences.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have no clue. I remember the first movie I took my daughter to see. A Bug's Life. She was three. She dumped the big popcorn tub over her head and got salt in her eyes. Screamed like a banshee about "mine eyes".......mama help me "mine eyes hurt".