ate the forbidden fruit & totally learned a lesson

Options
13»

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of foods my body just doesn't like anymore, at least not in the portion sizes it used to handle. I don't think of these foods as forbidden, but I do remember that they make me feel like @$$, so I don't eat them, or I eat small portions (e.g. my husband and I will split a medium fry, instead of me eating a whole large one myself). I look at this as a good thing, my body is keeping me in check with immediate consequences of poor decisions.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Very true - i haven't had fast food (other than subway) in over a year. don't miss it at all!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ack! I'm so glad fast food isn't one of my vices! Gimme a donut any day....
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think it's odd and a little worrying that eating a cheeseburger made you vomit
    Your body should be well able to handle burgers
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    In the beginning it is ... trial and error. Eventually you learn from your mistakes and you begin to make wiser choices. What once was a splurge on grease and 1000 calories burgers ... becomes an extra helping of fresh nuts and seeds. The important part is you realized how it affected your system and going forward you will have that reminder.

But know that " treating " yourself every now and then .. should not make you sick, nor make you feel guilty. When adding in those numbers to your day and adding a little extra exercise ... makes it totally enjoyable ! Especially when you see the number still going down on the scale and your happy with your choices !

One day at a time my friend ... you'll get there. :wink:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I think it's odd and a little worrying that eating a cheeseburger made you vomit
    Your body should be well able to handle burgers
    I know you're talking to the OP, and I didn't throw up (though I really wanted to!), but I don't agree that anyone's body "should be able to handle" a greaseburger from Wendy's, McDonald's, or wherever.

I can, and do, eat hamburgers at home with no problem, and I have at a few sit-down, real-food restaurants too, so it's definitely down to something that they're doing differently at the fast-food places I used to love.

Believe me, it's not a mind game thing. I loved Wendy's so much, and I never planned to give it up, just have it less frequently, but now I really can't. I don't mind, though. I miss the taste, but I know how it makes me feel, so I'll just make my own at home with 2-3 patties and it's all good. Plus, no traveling. :)