About being clean

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I'm the messiest person in the world in every other way but, I always make my bed in the mornings, why would you not??

Because leaving your bed open to the air helps prevent bed bugs.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I never make my bed unless I am showing someone the bedroom because it's super cute.

I have 10+ pillows, two really good bed sheet sets and the big bed frame. I mainly don't make the bed because my husband sweats like a mofo so we don't share blankets. (Yes, we use a fan!)

I was brought up to make my bed every day but meh... what's the point when so busy?

I will however NOT allow us to sleep on sheets over two weeks dirty. Yuck yuck and double yuck.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    "Dust mites cannot survive in the warm, dry conditions of an unmade bed."

Hubby is highly, highly allergic to dust mites and never makes his bed. When I make the bed I always leave the bottom untucked cuz that's the way we like it (my toes need to breathe! Haha)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I never make my bed unless I am showing someone the bedroom because it's super cute.

I have 10+ pillows, two really good bed sheet sets and the big bed frame. I mainly don't make the bed because my husband sweats like a mofo so we don't share blankets. (Yes, we use a fan!)

I was brought up to make my bed every day but meh... what's the point when so busy?

I will however NOT allow us to sleep on sheets over two weeks dirty. Yuck yuck and double yuck.

I am with you there. 2 weeks is my absolute max, and that's only because my husband's away a lot. If he's at home, a week.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    I'm 23 and I don't make mine everyday. :P
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    The only time I make my bed is after I wash the sheets, we only have the bottom sheet and cushy thingy under the sheet, and my hubby and I have two seperet comferters cause I like to be snuggled like a burrito in my blanket, but they just lay on top of the bed in a unorderly fashion during the day,

it's pointless and a waist of time, an extra way to be anal retentive lol
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    As a kid....we had to make our beds before going to school.....now my OCD makes me do it every morning. My 6 yr old makes her own bed every morning too......just makes the house seem cleaner!!
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    The boyfriend makes his side of the bed, I leave mine with the sheets in a tagled mess and my comforter on the floor.

(Although we have one bed, we have 2 sets of sheets and covers - it saved our relationship and probably one of our lives :p)

My husband and i are the same way! We have separate sheets and comforters , he is WAYYY to OCD for my rumpled side of the bed.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I have to make my bed. It makes everything look so much cleaner! But that is all I do haha
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    I'm 46, until a year or so ago, I didn't know that you're supposed to make your bed, and get this, most adults do.this bed making thing every single day.

I was having a conversation with a group of people, and some talked about making their bed, and o said that.I never make my bed. In fact, I didn't even have a bed spread, just sheets and blankets. It was brought to my attention that that's not normal. I have since asked many friends and apparently everyone in the world makes their bed, except me. Long live the outlier.

We're supposed to make our bed everyday? What do I do with the old one if I have to make a new one every day?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I don't make ours unless I need to use it to fold laundry.

hahaha! I was just gonna say this!

Kinda like:
    "Hey, honey? Go fix the bed, I'm grabbing the stuff out of the dryer and I need someplace to put it!"
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    I'm 46, until a year or so ago, I didn't know that you're supposed to make your bed, and get this, most adults do.this bed making thing every single day.

I was having a conversation with a group of people, and some talked about making their bed, and o said that.I never make my bed. In fact, I didn't even have a bed spread, just sheets and blankets. It was brought to my attention that that's not normal. I have since asked many friends and apparently everyone in the world makes their bed, except me. Long live the outlier.

5:55 PM and my bed is still unmade. just call me Rebel.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member

It's actually better not to make your bed. When you pull up the covers, it creates a comfortable environment for dust mites to live in. You're healthier!
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    I prefer my bed unmade. I have my pillows set in such a way that if I made my bed it would take time away from my sleep if I had to "unmake" it to my liking.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Prior to marriage I would rarely make my bed, now as a married man I do it for her pleasure. :flowerforyou:
  • tmassy
    tmassy Posts: 21
    I don't know if what I do is considered "making" the bed. I straighten the comforter and put my pillows at the head of the bed. It only takes about 15 seconds and so why not.
  • Lozzielol
    Lozzielol Posts: 78
    I make the bed to make sure the cats only sleep on the blankets and the top side of the duvet, otherwise I'd be sleeping in mountains of cat hair and that's just absurd.

Mind you, many would say letting the cats on the bed in the first place is absurd :P
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 122 Member
    I don't make my bed! I simply arrange the covers into a nest like area for the cat
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    you are not alone...we also pretty much just use sheets and blankets too!
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    me and my husband sleep on a futon in the living room (two bedroom house five people) kids have the master mother has the small room/ laundry room. So yeah the bed gets straightened not made. Hubby doesn't make it into a couch often so he lounges on it to watch tv and play games. Actually a pretty good set up. HOWEVER, when i move and the bed is in a bedroom (hopefully bigger too) then i will make the bed because I'll have a pretty set to make!!