For Those Who Have Done JM's 30DShred...

Options
CADreaming09
CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
Hey everyone!

I've decided to retry (did it for 3 days, before stopping) Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred next week.

However, I wanted to see what some of you have experienced with it.

For those who have done JM's 30DShred, what were your results?

And by this, I mean, did you lose weight? Did you gain weight/muscle? Decrease/increase measurements?

Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Omg! the first couple of days my thighs hurt like crazy. I wanted to quit but just pushed through the pain about the forth day it got better. I completed it all the way through the first time. I lost 8 lbs and 9 in overall. I was very happy with the results.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So many results and I have 3 days left of my shred.

Okay so the first 10 days the scale moved a little bit, but I could really see definition in my tummy and arms... I mean REALLY SEE it!

The next 10 days I lost inches like crazy, but no scale movement. This was frustrating but its because My body fat % lowered. I started at 36% and went down to 26%. I checked this by using the calculators at bmi-calculator.net.... Also my tummy definition was awesome.

Now my last 10 days I am losing lbs on the scale so fast I can hardly believe it.
    Nutrtition wise I eat 60 to 70% of my exercise calories back since day 1
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Am doing it along with other jillian michaels dvds...but i have not lost weight. But am getting way stronger and loosing inches! So im impressed with her!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 pounds doing it and 10 inches.
  • clairibou1
    clairibou1 Posts: 124
    Options
    bump. just finished level 1...on to level 2 tomorrow! :)
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So far I have done 8 days of week 1 and lost 3.75 inches (granted I've done some Zumba and bike riding as well). I started week 2 today because I just wasn't feeling week 1 anymore and it took forever to get my heart weight up. Today about killed me but it's all good.
  • tsmoore925
    tsmoore925 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I finished last week, and I lost 7 lbs, and 14 inches!!! Loved it welllll...we had a love hate relationship! But I was happy with my results!! I Plan to give myself a little break from it and re do it in hopes for close to the same results!! Good luck to you!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I lost weight and toned up...didn't have a lot to lose but love the dvd. I really think it helped with my running times, too, because my core is a lot stronger. I would stick with it until Level 2, it's a different beast at that point!!!

Work hard, and I mean really give it your all for the 20 minutes, and you'll definitely see results.

After 3 days I bought Ripped In 30, that's how much of a difference I felt. Haven't done too much due to training for a marathon but will get back to it after the marathon is over.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    bump. just finished level 1...on to level 2 tomorrow! :)

how do you know when to move onto a NEW level? Im barely my 1st day back on it. I did it last month for like 3days and got bored with it. but seein as how ppl say they have seen results I pulled it out and dusted it off. back on track :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I started out thinking I was going to do each level for 10 days, but Level 1 was easy (in comparison to the others) so I only did it for 5 days. I did Level 2 for 15, I like that one the best. Level 3 for 10.

Anyone that has gotten to Level 2 and 3 will tell you they are no joke.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I started out thinking I was going to do each level for 10 days, but Level 1 was easy (in comparison to the others) so I only did it for 5 days. I did Level 2 for 15, I like that one the best. Level 3 for 10.

Anyone that has gotten to Level 2 and 3 will tell you they are no joke.

coooool sweet! thanks for the advice and info :) yea day 1 wasnt that hard as Ive been working out 5-6days a wk already for a month. STILL NO PROGRESS THO cuz I am a bad over eater and messed up on my diet alot. but yea im stickin to it now no more cheat days and now jillians dvds!! so im confident :) i can do it too
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I had already lost almost 150 lbs before I did it, so I didn't see much lbs or inches lost actually, but my abs sure did harden up and I gained endurance. I was whipping through the exercizes by the end so I got stronger for sure.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds and 13.25 inches doing it.
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I finish in 6 more days. I have followed it every day (except yesterday) doing each level for 10 days, then moving on. I am annoyed at missing yesterday, but I had an assignment due today that I had to get done.

I definitely felt stronger after level 1. I didn't see any physical differences though. At the beginning of level 2, I struggled to lift my newly bought weights for some of the last strength exercises. By the end of it, I was able to lift the properly.

Now I still dont see the differences when I look at pictures, but then I put them over each other in photoshop and found my butt is a little smaller. I do feel a bit more comfortable in my clothing too (I had gained 3.5kg over the xmas break).

What I love about the 30DS is that it only goes for 30min. Perfect for someone who struggles to find the time (also great on rainy days knowing you dont have to go outside to exercise).
  • littlemegzz
    Options
    oh, and I have lost about 4kg from it so far - i started one week after I joined MFP.
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 today. woah, I can now do full press ups!! Super impressed at how much stronger I am. Definate muscle definition and my body is changing shape noticeably since starting. lost about 5kgs while doing, about 12pnds I think. I get bored easy with these things so after the first workout I have my ipod blasting and muted the dvd and follow along. Make is really good. gona finish lvl 3 then do something else for a week or two and do it again with more intensity. good luck and enjoy :o)
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    I lost 21 lbs. but I was going to the gym as well. I also had about 150 lbs. to lose when I first started.
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Did level 1-3 in 28 days and just loved it and the results. I didn't lose weight the first 10 days (water retention, muscle store it together with glycogen for hard workouts) but I lost inches and my body slowly transformed. I wanted to have shoulders like JM and now I have them:happy: I am much stronger, don't need breaks any more and can lift better. Before I finished I had already bought Ripped in 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs. Oh my.....they're tough but I WILL MAKE IT!
    Killer Buns and Thighs are soooooooooooooooooooo great for your butt and legs, after only 10 day you really notice the difference
  • littlemegzz
    Options
    ... Before I finished I had already bought Ripped in 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs. Oh my.....they're tough but I WILL MAKE IT!
    Killer Buns and Thighs are soooooooooooooooooooo great for your butt and legs, after only 10 day you really notice the difference

What equipment do you need for ripped in 30 and how long does a session go for? I am thinking about getting it after I do the 30DS again.
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    Hi all,

Great stories and advice, thank you for sharing :smile:

I am training for my first 10k run, started running for the first time late last year and am really enjoying the benefits I get from it. I bought 30D shred as I want to get more toned as well and was wondering if anyone had advice for fitting it in alongside increasing running distances?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!