Late Night Chocolate Cravings?

Options

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Here's a reaosn not to eat or drink (hot) chocolate before bed: It contains caffeine which could lead to slightly disturbed sleep. You crave sugar and carbs before bed because it releases melotonin which AIDS restful sleep. So allocate yourself some carb calories for before bedtime and eat them... It's basically feeding your brain which will help process your thoughts etc better!
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    skinny cow dreamy clusters! Caramel, crisps, and chocolate. Six yummy clusters for 120calories!
  • Mlbsmum
    Mlbsmum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree - savor a piece of dark chocolate!
  • Justice96
    Justice96 Posts: 29
    Options
    I looove Jell-O chocolate mousse. 60 delicious calories
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    chocolate lollipops from see's are only 50 calories i think.
    also hot chocolate in almond/skim milk is great. i use a 3rd of the instant cocoa packets from starbux. its like 110 cals a packet but it goes a long way (for me at least). i usually get about 3 cups out of it. and it even has marshmallows! :D
  • LuciendaB
    Options
    I have been doing really well but for some reason I decided to buy these little coconut mini bars and of course, i've eaten one both yesterday and today....sigh...atleast I havent eaten the whole box in one night!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/09/triple-chocolate-chunk-muffins/

These are effing delicious!

and.. I made these last night.. they're not delectable but they're alright and they're really healthy no bake brownies. I got them from Zuzana Light's facebook.

"1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
    ... 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1tsp cinnamon
    1/3 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup organic raisins or better yet you can use organic mixed dried berries
    1/2 cup old fashioned gluten free rolled oats
    1/2 cup almond meal

Blend it all in food processor into a smooth dough and then press it into a square dish. Leave it in the fridge for like an hour and then just cut out small squares out of the brownie for a snack.
    Enjoy and let me know how did you like it."

I didn't have almond meal so I substituted 4 tbs of milled flax. I would do less cinnamon, they tasted a bit too cinnamony for me. ^_^
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    1 Ghiradelli square 72% cacao or darker... the darker the better. Let it melt on your tongue. Does it for me every time!
  • paigeleigh417
    Options
    I agree with the Chocolate Chip Fudge Fiber One brownies!! They're amazing for 90 calories! Or, what I really like now, Zone Perfect bars! They are designed as nutrition protein bars but I'm starting to use them in place of a chocolate bar when I really need it as a snack, they are 190 calories for the double dark chocolate and dark chocolate almond flavors. Yummmmmy!
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I keep Fiber Plus bars (the peanut butter chocolate kind & the the dark chocolate almond kind) on hand for those cravings. Or if I don't have the 120-130 calories leftover, I will grab a couple dark chocolate Hershey kisses at 20 calories per piece! Those usually fix my chocolate cravings.
  • beutlerr
    beutlerr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The healthy choice fudge bars from Costco are pretty good - 100 calories - 5 grams fiber - low fat etc. Surely full of chemicals but does take the chocolate craving away.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've never done it, but I have friends that have said--- if you eat a pickle when you are craving chocolate, the craving goes away.

Honestly, I usually just eat the snickers. I don't keep them on hand so if I really want them, I need to go to the store to get one.. but I usually just go. I learned a long time ago that if I'm craving a snickers and try to eat other things to forget about it, I just want the snickers the next day, too.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Blue Bunny Fudge Lites - 35 calories - takes care of the chocolate and ice cream craving...yummy
  • jojogo1111
    Options
    I keep Hershey's kisses on hand for just such occasions. Alternatively, try Arctic Zone Chocolate frozen dessert (150 calories a PINT). The Arctic Zone is pricey, though.

Don't you mean Arctic Zero? I've had this too and it's delicious! You can eat the whole pint and not feel sick or guilty :)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I eat Nature Valley Dark Chocolate granola thins & sugar-free hot cocoa. Satisfies my chocolate-sugar cravings.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    One square of Gharidelli 72% dark chocolate -- 67 calories
    Eat it slowly and think of how good it is.
  • onmyway31
    onmyway31 Posts: 66
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa roast almonds! They come in 100 calorie packs they are awesome!
  • Kiki_009
    Kiki_009 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge chocoholic. I often have a Hershey kiss or 2 after meals and lately have been eating the ghiradelli 70% cacao squares. When I want something more filling I have sliced banana with a little Hershey syrup drizzled on top.
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    I was getting those for a couple of nights and it really was hard for me to pass by the candy bars! But I found something I really enjoy, Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters, I believe it's 100-120 calories per pack, it really satisfies my chocolate craving and low in calories too!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    try all these suggestions- and if ONE small square of DK chocolate suffices, call that a TREMENDOUS NSV!!!

however, if it doesn't, BEFORE you keep going back for more, chug a couple glasses of water and go take a hot bath.........
    then go to bed...........

Sometimes the only other way to overcome temptation is to put some distance between me and the pantry- and go to bed....
    I indulge, but I also can get cravings that overwhelm me ( when it's an emotional issue)....
    that's when just one WON'T suffice...so it's better to stay away from it all together.....