Has anyone found a way...

Options
13»

Replies

• luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle of lemon juice in the fridge at work and add a few drops to each bottle/cup of water I drink and I can drink it so much easier. I am trying to up my water intake as well.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    The UK National Health Service says:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/water-drinks.aspx

Research measuring water loss has shown that we should drink about 1.2 litres of fluid every day to stop us getting dehydrated. This works out to be about six 200ml or eight 150ml glasses, cups or mugs.

The total amount of water we lose each day and need to replace is in fact greater than this – about 2.5 litres – but we get 1 litre of the fluid we need from food and the body recovers 0.3 litres from chemical reactions in our cells. The rest needs to be taken from drinks. All non-alcoholic drinks count, but water, milk and fruit juices are the healthiest.

I'm just an ordinary user like you. Hope that helps
  • CaitlinR85
    Options
    cucumber, nice and refreshing especially during the summer months

This^ or any fresh fruit will do. I love strawberries in mine:)

I chop up various fruits and/or vegetables and add them to water with some bruised mint leaves or lemon/lime juice. Steep it in the fridge for a few hours and you have a lovely flavour with no added calories (or under 5 at most!). Cucumber and mint is a favourite, with raspberries added to the mix in summer.

^^ This sounds delicious Orpheus_chick!! I'm def going to give this a go.
  • journeysover
    Options
    try a small amount of Lemon Juice out of a bottle
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I dislike water myself, I only like it during exercise.

That being said, ice and a bit of lemon juice makes it a lot less unpalatable.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I enjoy water. I used to hate it when I was younger for whatever reason. But now it is literally all I drink. I have read putting cut up strawberries and cucumbers in it really makes it flavorful though! Also, I love drinking water after eating chocolate.
  • kelliekait
    kelliekait Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe try sparkling water? I drink Arrowhead Sparkling and I find it much more interesting than plain water. Although, you have to be careful because some sparkling waters have additives, so if you go for it you should be sure to find one that's JUST water & CO2 :)