New runners who don't want to be seen

Options
13»

Replies

• JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I hate people seeing me when I run. I always get embarrassed because I suck!

Everyone was a beginner once. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm not a great runner, and even struggle to call myself "a runner", but hey, at least I'm doing something right? Trust me, even hard core runners can look silly when they run. Just keep at it and you'll get more comfortable with it.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This was me for so long! I ran deserted trails and would stop to walk if I saw anyone.

Now, I am reminded of my roots every time I see a list runner and always want to cheer them on. It will get easier! We are all motivated by your dedication and drive to succeed. No judgement here!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I could never run in a cemetary, mostly because *I* would see it as being disrespectful. My thinking is the paths there are meant for the families to visit the graves.. not for me to use to get my workout on.

That being said... no one should be embarrassed of running/jogging! There is nothing wrong with trying to be a healthier you! I love to go to the park and see that there are a lot of joggers. It's also very motivating.