Replies

• austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Ive bumped up my calories and feel as if Im eating like a wilderbeast lol but what if your not hungry and you have something like 400-600 cals to go at the end of your day? :/

Do you just force it down?

Calorie dense foods, and fill in the day with more snacks or slightly bigger meals so you don't reach the end so high.

You might also just increase 200 a day for the first week, 200 the next, ect.
    if body was used to eating lower, you don't want it viewing this extra food as gifts to hold onto, but to increase metabolism.

Almonds are great for energy, peanut butter. guacamole, ect.
  • heybales
    Options
    It has me at 1600 a day and although I cheat form time to time (cant pass up on pizza....) I've leaned that just being active is good enough for me.

My question is?? Do we really need to watch our protein? It has it set so low that I blow past it every day... Don't know if it is hurtful

Protein is good to watch, actually watch it be higher than suggested.

At calorie deficit diet it's good to have extra protein, especially if exercising. Now, higher cals makes it not so bad, but still useful.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    For a good fat burning diet you woukd want to set protein and fat at 30% each.
    It sets the stage fir fat loss.
  • gatorpdx
    gatorpdx Posts: 25
    Options
    This is eye-opening. I'm glad I read this thread.
    I've been targeting 1800 cals when my BMR/TDEE is 2400/3750. I've been losing weight for the past month but been a little mad at the scale lately due to stagnant weight loss while keeping the calorie count low... Gonna increase by 200 for each of the next 3 weeks and see how that goes. Thanks!
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ive bumped up my calories and feel as if Im eating like a wilderbeast lol but what if your not hungry and you have something like 400-600 cals to go at the end of your day? :/

What some people do is eat those calories (or at least some of them) the next day.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Woohoo! :drinker:

Welcome to the dark side, where we really do have cookies, and have enough calories to eat them.

<3 THIS!!
  • imcountingcalories
    imcountingcalories Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ThaRealNicki
    Options
    so if my goal is 1400 cals but i usually burn a thousand in the gym how much would I eat? i need help! Im new to all this net calorie stuff and eating back calories and what not someone please help me !
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    If you reset your goals to 1/2 a pound a week rather than 2 it'll put you at 1530. I've definitely noticed a difference in just a couple days. I noticed with the 1200 cal restriction I'm a tiny push away from gorging, its like walking around holding my breath. A HRM has helped me more accurately count burned cals as well.
  • samthomason
    samthomason Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ThaRealNicki
    Options
    so if my goal is 1400 cals but i usually burn a thousand in the gym how much would I eat? i need help! Im new to all this net calorie stuff and eating back calories and what not someone please help me !
  • heybales
    Options

Quick and dirty answer would be 2400.

Back awake now, hope you didn't hit your head on the way to the floor?

But, is that 1000 calorie burn at all accurate?
    Based on machine estimate, MFP, other database of exercises?
    Or probably the closest you can get, heart rate monitor? Which is not required, but many find useful to nail that figure since it does mean how much they eat back.

As this thread is discussing, that 1400 is probably good 400 under your BMR, metabolism for life functions if you were in a coma. Don't feed it, or have exercise get the calories first, and it will have to slow down.
    Now all your daily activity doesn't burn as much on a slower metabolism.
    So you slowed your weight loss potential, and possibly with exercise that intense, torn down muscle.
  • ThaRealNicki
    Options
    yes i have a heart rate monitor to let me know what im doing im following your guides right now as a matter of fact
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Calorie dense foods, and fill in the day with more snacks or slightly bigger meals so you don't reach the end so high.

You might also just increase 200 a day for the first week, 200 the next, ect.
    if body was used to eating lower, you don't want it viewing this extra food as gifts to hold onto, but to increase metabolism.

Almonds are great for energy, peanut butter. guacamole, ect.

Im liking the 200 per day idea. The tummy isnt agreeing with all this food thats for sure....Very bloated. :(

Thank you for your feedback
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Im liking the 200 per day idea. The tummy isnt agreeing with all this food thats for sure....Very bloated. :(

Thank you for your feedback

For help with bloat,

Drink water
    Take a probiotic pill (no calories)
    Drink water

After 2 weeks of eating higher cals the body will regulate and you should be fine.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This is great! I was wary of that myself about 3 years ago, and after all else had failed, I decided to try it and the first week, lost 2 pounds!
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at plateau for what feels like forever.

If upping my protein this week hasn't worked then I'm giving this a go. I may need someone to give me a little guidance though.
  • dash108
    dash108 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump!
    Thanks for this post...I have had success since the first of the year by losing 40 and eating around 1200 calories per day and not eating those workout calories back...but this makes sense. I am going to up my intake to 1600 and see how this goes ;) I like the idea of being able to eat more. Although by eating 1200, smaller portions every 2 hours, I did not feel like I was starving myself... BUT there are some nights I go to bed and think, man, I am soooo hungry! Hopefully 1600 per day will put a stop to the hunger feelings at night!
    Good luck everyone! :)