How often do you weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i appreciate all of your responses. I do like weighing myself daily because it does make me accountable. I am not looking for a drop every day because i do know that is unrealistic. But it if i have had a significant gain from yesterday then i like to look back at what i ate that day to see what i can change for the future. Good luck to all of you.

I wouldn't worry about the gains; it's practically impossible for you to have caused a weight gain in fat from a single day's meal choices (particularly if you stayed at a reasonable calorie level). As I understand it, most of the fluctuation comes from how much water your body retains, and that is somewhat influenced by how much water you drink (more is better, oddly) and how much sodium / potassium you have eaten, among other things, But even if all those things stayed constant, your body would still retain a different amount from day to day for reasons unrelated to nutrition.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I log it every Monday morning for my groups, but will log it whenever there's a loss otherwise.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I used to only do once per week, but lately I've been stepping on every day, first thing in the morning (after going to the bathroom). It helps hold me accountable and in check for the day. I don't have an "official" weigh in day...I figure I'll just log it when it changes. That'll motivate me to NOT make the number go up, since I don't wnat to change it to a higher number.

When I weighed in once per week, I would be under the illusion that I had a week to make up for any "cheat" days I had. Now, I'm always "on the clock" so to speak.
  • WomanofPIF
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I go to the bathroom. My weight on Friday is what I post on MFP.:love:
  • kellyjervis
    Options
    I try to stick to once a week on either a Thursday or Friday morning, sometimes I sneak in an extra weigh-in after the weekend. I used to weigh myself daily but I was getting ridiculously upset if the reading on the scale went up (even by the slightest amount!) so have moved the scales out of the bathroom so I'm not tempted :smile:
  • FormerSuperHero
    FormerSuperHero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to weighing myself but I only record the loss and if I don't believe the scales I try another sent
  • HopefulMyra
    Options
    hehe... im supposed to weigh in every wednesday... but sometimes i cant help it and ill do it everyday. lol.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily andI log my weight loss when I have consistent reading about 2-3 days.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get away from being a daily weigher and do it every 7 days.
  • sexyfit69
    Options
    I WEIGHT MYSELF ONCE A WEEK. FIRST THING WHEN I WAKE UP EVERY MONDAY MORNING. I PEE FIRST THEN WEIGHT MYSELF IN THE NUDE. I HAVE TO SAY THAT I'VE BEEN TEMPTED TO WEIGHT MYSELF DAILY BUT I ALWAYS TRY TO AVOID THE SCALE. I HIDE MY SCALE, I ONLY TAKE IT OUT ON MONDAYS LOL. IF THE SCALE IS OUT OF MY SIGHT I DON'T THINK ABOUT WEIGHING MYSELF DAILY.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just got my scale batteries..so i have been weighing myself once-twice a day ..but its a personal choice