Anyone else just need to lose 10-15 lbs?

Options
Any already active and healthy people out there that just have 10-15 lbs to lose?? And how are you doing it?

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to lose 10 lbs...and I'm doing it like everyone else is I think :) Staying at your calorie intake for the day, eating healthy, exercising, and eating back calories you exercise so you don't put your body into starvation mode.

I've been using MFP for about a month and already my clothes feel a little more comfortable. :) Diet and exercise :)
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I have lost 16lbs and have 11 more to go. So, YES! :)

Hi!

I religiously track every morsel of food here and stay within my calorie limit (1200) "most" of the time.
    I exercise 5 days/week (2 strength training and 3 cardio). I log all of my exercise here and eat my exercise calories so that my net is always 1200.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am cutting now, looking for 4-5lbs. I am eating at a very small caloric deficit (250 cals/day 5 days/week and maintenance for the other 2) I should lose 0.3 to 0.4 lbs/week this way. The less you have to lose the smaller your deficit should be. For the last 15lbs a weekly weight loss goal should not exceed 0.5lbs/week to ensure most of your loss comes from fat, and not lean muscle.
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1240 cals/day for a long time and it just doesn't seem to work. So I'm increasing my calories!
  • chelsealjames
    Options
    I am cutting now, looking for 4-5lbs. I am eating at a very small caloric deficit (250 cals/day 5 days/week and maintenance for the other 2) I should lose 0.3 to 0.4 lbs/week this way. The less you have to lose the smaller your deficit should be. For the last 15lbs a weekly weight loss goal should not exceed 0.5lbs/week to ensure most of your loss comes from fat, and not lean muscle.

I should have realized this beforehand! i'm increasing my calories a bit, rather than losing 1lb/week, losing 0.5/week and we'll see how it goes
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I did it last year and fell off the tracking wagon and gained some back.

So, I lost .5/week and it totally worked for me because NO STRETCH MARKS by losing nice and slow. :)

Plus the experts say if you lose slow (which is what you do when you want to lose 10-15 lbs) you are more likely to keep it off for good.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories or are you eating 1240 total, no matter whether you exercise or not?
  • chelsealjames
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories or are you eating 1240 total, no matter whether you exercise or not?

Yes, I would eat them back. I definitely couldnt function if not hehe
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    LOL, me too. I am starving after I workout. :)
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I am .5 lbs away from goal, but maybe wouldnt mind losing another 5 or 10. I am set to lose .5 a week which gives me 1400/per day. I eat as many calories back as I am hungry for. Sometimes its all, sometimes just a few.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Well, I have already lost around 8-9lbs...so now I'd like to lose 10-15more. :)

I am watching what I eat...(on a 1200 calorie diet), and exercising a lot more. I have taken up running (joined a 5km clinic, and I am doing marathons), that I do three nights per week. I also do Bodyrock.tv exerciss 3x per week which involves strength training and calisthenics. On the nights where I do the bodyrock I also ride my stationary bike for a minimum of 15-20mins.

They say the last 10lbs are the most difficult to lose. So, if I find I am hitting a plateau then I am going to find something else to challenge myself with.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 and my goal was 5 more but I moved it to 10. I will see by the way I look though! It was real easy (prob just getting the holiday fat off :laugh: ) but now I need to tone and shape up.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    10....20 at the most. I am just trying to each healty and stay active. I am trying to get myself to burn 500 cals a day but it is hard. I am also toning because if i can just shape up I will be happy at my weight.
  • ashcan92
    ashcan92 Posts: 8
    Options
    When you guys "eat your calories" after you excercise, what do you usually go for? I'm looking for an after workout meal.

I found it hard to eat only 1200 calories a day. Especially with the amount of activity that I would like to do. So I raised it to 1600. My health trainer said that 1200 was just too low for me. Does anyone else feel like 1200 is a really low number?
  • GoIsu59
    GoIsu59 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started this today and I have 13 to lose. I got to my goal weight 12 years back, losing nearly 25 without using MFP. Back then I just started exercising more and eating smaller portions (and only 1 plate). I also removed all junk food from the kitchen and the peanut/candy dishes from the family room. I kept my goal weight for 9 years. Then slowly it crept back.
    I'm going to try this program for a bit to see if I make progress.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    @ashcan - my post workout snack is usually almond butter spread on some sort of cracker. I have become addicted to almond butter! LOL - My favorite part of each night is my post workout almond butter snack. :)
  • geronimoc13
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 10 pounds, 15 at most. I'm pretty active, however, I just can't seem to lose the fat around my midsection. For me, I know I lost a little of that fat, but I gained it back in muscle! So that scale isn't moving very quickly at all... best of luck!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am also working on the last few lbs and wanting to tone up a bit. Currently I am at 1200 cals/day but will be increasing that soon to ease into maintenance. I aim to workout 6 days a week but it usually ends up being about 4 times a week. I am currently doing the Couch to 10k program (on week 8!) and I also take spinning, cardio kickboxing, and TRX classes. I also love Jillian Michaels' dvds. I own her 30DS, Ripped in 30, Banish Fat boost metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones dvds and I'll pop one of them in once or twice a week.

I always eat at least some, if not all of my exercise calories back. My after workout meal usually consists of something that's high in protein (chicken, fish, greek yogurt, eggs, etc) and veggies!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    When you guys "eat your calories" after you excercise, what do you usually go for? I'm looking for an after workout meal.

I found it hard to eat only 1200 calories a day. Especially with the amount of activity that I would like to do. So I raised it to 1600. My health trainer said that 1200 was just too low for me. Does anyone else feel like 1200 is a really low number?

My soon-to-be husband just got back from a health class with the Military and they said that you shouldnt eat less then your BMR unless you are Obese and NEVER under 1200. The more you weigh, the more your body has to feed off of. If you work out, you dont have to eat back all your cals but make sure your body has atleast 1200 cals. Meaning if you eat 1400 cals a day and worked off 300, atleast eat 100 so it equals out to 1200. I am eating 1400 cause I want to start lifting.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose a solid 10lbs, doing it with a bodymedia fit, cyclical deficit and intermittent fasting. So far, so good.