Got Kicked Out Of the Gym Today & Im Pissed Off!

Options
RANT TIME********
So my long time friend ( of over 12ys) and I always work out togather at the local 24hr fitness location here in our side of town. We both did the personal trainng packages. We did the cycling class along with the BodyPump etc.... Of course after several weeks of the same routine we both hit a plateau. Another friend who also works out at that gym offered to workout with us and show us what he does. He taught us about proper form and how to incorporate HIIT training. Well after 6 weeks, my friend and I start losing inches all over. Our conditioning and endurance is better than ever. I feel good after everyworkout. Then today, A freaking trainer comes over and tells us we cant be training there and we have to leave! WTF???? we each pay our monthly dues just like everyone else in this damn gym does, and how I choose to workout and with who is none of ya'lls damn concern or business What happened to gym staff being supportive? My friend went to talk to him, and basically other members were asking if he was a trainer there because they wanted to train like him. I mean i would be drenched in sweat! So now 24hr trainers are feeling threatened by what my friend has taught us. I read their policy and all it says is that " No member can train another member for compensation".............I have never paid a single dime to this friend. He is there for the sme reasons as I am. To be fit and healthy! 24hr fitness only wants money, they dont care about you!

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Sounds like its time to have a chat with the manager.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i'm confused. on what grounds did they kick you out?
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    right.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    They told her that she is not allowed to work with an outside trainer.

That's pretty standard for any gym, actually. I'm sorry it bothered you so much.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Sounds like its time to have a chat with the manager.

This.

And if they concur with the guy who kicked you out, demand your money back.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Because she using her friend as a "trainer" even though she was just doing what he suggested.

WOW that is BS ! I would demand my money back !
  • Lyadeia
    Options

That's pretty standard for any gym, actually. I'm sorry it bothered you so much.

She was not using an outside trainer, she was working out with a friend who helped her out. Completely different thing!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Still, that seems so weird to me. If anything, why wouldn't they just ask the outside trainer to leave?
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I would raise hell!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    That's bull, screw them, just get a new gym if there's an option for that. My current trainer (he's got his own studio now) use to be the head trainer at the gym I still go to and we work out there once in a while. He gets some nasty looks, but no one has had the balls to kick him or I out, yet.
  • Lyadeia
    Options

And if that's the case, then I should be kicked out of my gym for showing my husband how to use the equipment cause I was a member for 6 months before he joined. SMDH! I was not paid, the gym was not losing money. It is NOT against the rules to workout with friends, get advice from other people, etc. If it was, I'd just do P90X at home forever!!!!!!!!!
  • Mandy86Lee
    Mandy86Lee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you better go back and give them a professional piece of your mind. Better yet, if there is another gym close by...go to that one !! Good Luck !
  • kirkpatrick_Mary3
    kirkpatrick_Mary3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well I know where I'm not going!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Unless I'm reading this wrong, all three people were members of the gym. Clearly a gym being run by NAZIS!
  • Deeranged1
    Deeranged1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was a member for 3years and had a friend have the same thing happen to her! They said it was in the contract and cancelled her membership when she tried to fight it! They said it is competition training when it is more then 2 people involved! Total BS!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    BS. Demand a reversal or a refund.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    659835.gif
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Still, that seems so weird to me. If anything, why wouldn't they just ask the outside trainer to leave?

That's what I'm wondering, too.
  • jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

But he's NOT a trainer, there or at another gym, he's a friend who just happens to know what he's doing. That's ridiculous you got kicked out if their policy specifically says "for compensation," then you did nothing wrong. Definitely a chat with the manager or $$ back for sure. The gym should maybe think about hiring the friend and helping to get him certified to be a trainer since other members are interested in him if they were thinking smart business!!
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    ditto to those who said to have a chat with the manager, demand your money back and see if there's another gym you can pay your money to. That is total BS!