100+ lbs to lose and I could realy use some support.

Options
My name is Jessica and I am looking for friends that have the same goals in mind. I've been trying to lose weight for a while and I think that having friends to hold me accountable is just what I need. I would like to share this experience with someone and I think it would be easier not to go through this alone.

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to MFP! You will find lots of people who are on the same Journey as you. Remember to take time to enjoy your Journey!
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 60 pounds and I am pretty new here too. Add me if you'd like
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica and I am looking for friends that have the same goals in mind. I've been trying to lose weight for a while and I think that having friends to hold me accountable is just what I need. I would like to share this experience with someone and I think it would be easier not to go through this alone.
    I myself have to lose more than 100 pounds lets do this :)
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! I have about 70 more to lose.
  • prbrownz
    prbrownz Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I haven't been on here long, and only lost 5 lbs. - haven't even been tracking my food or exercising much this week - got off track - however, thanks to two of my fitness pals, tomorrow will be a better day - your pals WILL motivate you and keep you going on days when you don't feel like it! Exercise (anything) and water are key components - also, trying to eat 6 small meals a day will keep your blood sugar at an even keel to keep your metabolism burning........apple slices with a little peanut butter really helps me. Send me a note to let me know how you're doin! -keep on swimmin, swimmin, swimmin! - Sharon
  • khrystyna82
    khrystyna82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm in the same boat as you. Good luck.
  • kellylee28
    Options
    Hi I am new here also. I have at least 60 lbs to loose so a friend would be great
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a wonderful site. I have been using it for one year now (my one year anniversary was yesterday) and have been able to lose 65.5 pounds (I have about another 15 pounds to go). Just take it one day at a time, log in your food intake (as much as possible) and start moving and you will see some positive results. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica feel free to add me
  • Mickeyharrower
    Mickeyharrower Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, Im new to the site also and don't have that many friends. I think we all need support and encouragement thru this rough journey. I have added you so please feel free to ad me as a friend. :-)
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site has a lot to offer. Make sure to take advantage of it all and embrace the journey ahead of you.
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have that much to lose also and accounabilty is what everyone needs including some cheering on. I am a Christian Woman that belives this and everything I do with the rest of my Life is for God. If you want to add me you are more then welcome
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd love to help support you on your journey!
  • carlongo75
    Options
    Welcome Jessica!!!

You came to the right place. This is a nice site, full of people always willing to help and encourage you to keep up the good work.

Feel fre to add me and good luck in reaching your goals !
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    My goal is to lost 100 lbs in 2012. I'm 1/4 of the way there. :bigsmile:
    I'm always open to supporting and motivating others! I will send you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • heeytheresunshine
    heeytheresunshine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! I've been on mfp for two weeks now, and I'm loving it! I also have 100+ to lose, feel free to add me. (:
  • marlana63
    Options
    Hi Jessica. My name is Marlana. I started on this journey 3 years ago. I am trying to take it slow so that it is easier to keep off. I had 80 lbs to lose and so far I have lost 40. It has not been easy. I have had a lot of stress in my life as of lately...disabled husband and my daughter diagnosed and fighting cancer, but if you want it bad enough, you can do it. There is nothing that can stop you if it is what you really want. I never realized that until my daughter was diagnosed. Stress is one of the biggest hurdles when losing weight and I was able to do it at my age (48). If I can do it anyone can. I have been a big girl for most of my life and now I feel so much better. I know I am only half way there but I also know I will get there.
    You can do this!!!!! And don't let anyone tell you different.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Hello Jessica my name is Jessica! I also need to lose over a 100lbs! Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just signed up and have about the same to lose. I've been on another program but stalled out and stopped applying myself. I actually think I'll get more support here, so I am open to building a friend network here.