How did 30 Day Shred work for you?

Options
Not sure if this is the correct board to post this to. Let me know if I should post somewhere else.

I plan on starting the 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I would like to hear your thoughts/experiences with it. How long did you do it for? How many days did you do each level? Did you take any days off? How much weight did you lose? How many inches did you lose? Pics? Advice/tips?

Replies

• luckegirl
    Options
    Hi, only one piece of advice for you when you start the shred. Strech, strech, strech or you will not be able to walk down stairs or get up and down from a chair. Jillian doesn't do any quad streches before you begin. So, after warm up, stop dvd and strech out your legs or you will be sorry. Muscle tone shows up after only one week. If you control your eating I'm sure you will lose weight. You burn about 185 to 200 calories with each 20 minute workout. (I read that on one of the workout sites) Good Luck!:smile:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 inches in the first 10 days. I haven't been able to move on to level 2 yet due to a wrist injury. So worth it! By day 4 it gets easier, just keep at it!
  • TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, only one piece of advice for you when you start the shred. Strech, strech, strech or you will not be able to walk down stairs or get up and down from a chair. Jillian doesn't do any quad streches before you begin. So, after warm up, stop dvd and strech out your legs or you will be sorry. Muscle tone shows up after only one week. If you control your eating I'm sure you will lose weight. You burn about 185 to 200 calories with each 20 minute workout. (I read that on one of the workout sites) Good Luck!:smile:

Thank you for the tip! I will definitely remember to stretch. I do not have the time to be walking around all day like a zombie. haha.

I shall post before/after pics in 30days.
  • TieshTheGreat
    Options
    I lost 4 inches in the first 10 days. I haven't been able to move on to level 2 yet due to a wrist injury. So worth it! By day 4 it gets easier, just keep at it!

4 inches in 10 days...sounds like a plan to me!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    The first three days are killer. I'm on day 21, starting level 3 today. I have been doing 10days each level with no breaks and with doing other cardio 2-3 times a week. I have only lost .6lbs from it so far but have lost about 5inches so far. Its a good work out but it is hard on the knees
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I lost about 2lbs but have a much stronger core. I did Level 1 for 5 days (it was the easiest), Level 2 for 15 (most challenging), and Level 3 for 10.

Some quit or give up before Level 2 (maybe because they feel the workouts are boring or not challenging enough), however, if you can push through you'll definitely see a difference in Level 2, and certainly in Level 3.

I think I completed the 30 days in 40 days or so.
  • TieshTheGreat
    Options
    The first three days are killer. I'm on day 21, starting level 3 today. I have been doing 10days each level with no breaks and with doing other cardio 2-3 times a week. I have only lost .6lbs from it so far but have lost about 5inches so far. Its a good work out but it is hard on the knees

Congrats on getting to Level 3!

Hard on the knees is what way? Any suggestions to help out with that?
  • Cindym82
    Options

Level one there isn't too much jumping around. Level 2 that's basically all you do for 20mins, so my knee has been really sore and hurting from it. I have to work out on a wood floor so that might have something to do with it, but it's high impact
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It can be hard on the knees because of all of the jumping she does for the cardio circuit (jumping jacks, jump rope, butt kicks, etc.)
  • TieshTheGreat
    Options

Level one there isn't too much jumping around. Level 2 that's basically all you do for 20mins, so my knee has been really sore and hurting from it. I have to work out on a wood floor so that might have something to do with it, but it's high impact

Thanks for the warning! I've had bad knees for a while now. I will take the proper precautions. I'm getting excited to try this. I will push through all three levels!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I got too bored with it... But it is pretty good.
  • TieshTheGreat
    Options
    I got too bored with it... But it is pretty good.

How long did you do it for? Which level did you stop at?
  • sacal96
    sacal96 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It can be hard on the knees because of all of the jumping she does for the cardio circuit (jumping jacks, jump rope, butt kicks, etc.)

yes definitely this! Its a lot if you don't have good knees.. I hurt mine last night stretching of all things haha! So now I'm wearing my knee support all day... but best advice is measure inches! I can tell a huge difference already and I'm only on day 5 of level 1!! But I didn't measure so I have no idea just how much of a difference :/ I'm definitely going to measure before I start level 2 though so I can at least see the progress from there! I really enjoy it though. As much as I used to hate working out, it makes me get off my butt every night! haha! Good luck!!
  • Cindym82
    Options

yes definitely this! Its a lot if you don't have good knees.. I hurt mine last night stretching of all things haha! So now I'm wearing my knee support all day... but best advice is measure inches! I can tell a huge difference already and I'm only on day 5 of level 1!! But I didn't measure so I have no idea just how much of a difference :/ I'm definitely going to measure before I start level 2 though so I can at least see the progress from there! I really enjoy it though. As much as I used to hate working out, it makes me get off my butt every night! haha! Good luck!!

You can always measure today ;)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Personally, I can't do the same work out everyday. I have 7 of JM's videos now and I rotate them and do a different one everyday. Some days I do two levels in a row.

They were awesome for getting me into shape. I've upped my weights to 10 pounds and because of these videos getting me in shape, I'm going to start a real strength training program :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Started the shred last week but could barley walk after the 2nd day so I had to take a couple days off.. (wish I would of know to strech the quads more) oh well live and learn, anyway I started on Monday and my plan is 10 days of each level I am on day 5 of level 1 and feeling stronger already. I am looking forward to seeing some results on my bottom half since thats were I need the most improvement on. Good luck.
  • TieshTheGreat
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips and well wishes!

Seems like the main things to remember is to stretch, watch the knees, measure inches and stick to it!!
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sooo; from what I'm understanding, you are supposed to do the 30 Day Shred everyday? Is that the intent of the program? Someone just gave me the DVD but it didn't come with any instructions.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Sooo; from what I'm understanding, you are supposed to do the 30 Day Shred everyday? Is that the intent of the program? Someone just gave me the DVD but it didn't come with any instructions.

To each their own, most ppl can't get threw 30days without resting, she doesn't really say yes or no to it but if u feel like you need a rest day than take one
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred and I am on day 15. On day one I took pics and measurements and then today I did it again to see my progress. To put it quite frank I am floored at the results I have gotten being only halfway through. I have done it every day, since day one. I took one day off to spend time with the boyfriend, but I regretted it. When I started it up again the next day I could tell. I won't waste another day like that again. I'm doing the levels for ten days each and then progressing onto the next level on day 11, 21. I recommend this workout, it is very, very hard if you're out of shape like me, but it is so incredibly worth it. So far I've lot almost 10 inches throughout my whole body and about 5 1/2 pounds. Keep in mind I'm only half way through. I feel stronger, thinner, and I have a lot more endurance already. I wish you luck, and don't give up, it's worth it in the end!

I forgot to mention that I've also kept up a healthy diet and I wanted to suggest a yoga mat and 2-3 pound weights to start off with. I read through and the other posts have mention about hurting your knees, I have bad knees and it all depends on you. You are very capable of doing low impact, but still keeping your heart rate up, it's what I do. Sometimes I use my own method of modifications to compliment my body. Something to keep in mind: those moves are not concrete.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!