bump
  • kandy221
    kandy221 Posts: 79
    Options
    bump
  • kbendert
    kbendert Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just got my DVD in the mail today, and am so excited to start tomorrow after hearing all of your stories! I don't know if I will do it every day... What do you guys do to fit it in with your other exercises? I try to run 2-3 miles with my husband 2-3 times a week, and I don't know if I'll be able to do both a shred level and run on the same day! My thought was that I'd alternate the runs with the DS. What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your tips and advice!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    In fact, I didn't struggle with stairs afterwards - I fell down them!!! My legs were complete jelly. I'm still struggling with stairs lol

Ditto here, I had to crawl up the stairs for a few days, and it took a week after 30 days for my knees to re-coup.

I will say the results were pleasing.
  • pinepl
    pinepl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, only one piece of advice for you when you start the shred. Strech, strech, strech or you will not be able to walk down stairs or get up and down from a chair. Jillian doesn't do any quad streches before you begin. So, after warm up, stop dvd and strech out your legs or you will be sorry. Muscle tone shows up after only one week. If you control your eating I'm sure you will lose weight. You burn about 185 to 200 calories with each 20 minute workout. (I read that on one of the workout sites) Good Luck!:smile:

Thank you for the tip! I will definitely remember to stretch. I do not have the time to be walking around all day like a zombie. haha.

I shall post before/after pics in 30days.

^^^ Yes, this...BIG TIME!!!

Wish I's read this before I did day 1 on Monday night - I genuinely have been in agony with my quads since!! Can't walk properly or anything, and I wouldn't class myself as an exercise-phobe!!

Good luck

Same here wish I had known this. I started yesterday and today my quads are so sore and yes have had a hard time getting up and down out of chairs. LOL
  • sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done, pretty achey today but I'm sticking at it! Might look into something yoga-ish tonight, stretch out a little. I seem to be best doing 30DS in the morning, getting out of the way before work and it then gives me the evening to do another activity/watch tv =D
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    Last night was day 1 of level 1 and I totlaly loved it! I couldn't believe how much I sweat in just 20 minutes. Not too sore this morning, Will probally feel it more tomorrow. Looking forward to day 2 tonight.
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started Level 2 today! It is HARD!!! But, I'm so proud of how committed I've been this far (I know 10 days doesn't sound like a lot, but it IS for me!).

Lots of suggestions to stretch the quads - but be sure you do it after the warm-up (after the jumping jacks, etc) because you don't want to do static stretching on cold muscles!! That would lead to injury in a heartbeat!

I look forward to seeing your before and after pics - I'll be posting mine too!!! Best of luck!
  • Laurenazz
    Laurenazz Posts: 27
    Options
    aaahhh here we go ! i'm doing it tonight =) so pumped to get my butt kicked *
  • sian_1989
    Options
    aaahhh here we go ! i'm doing it tonight =) so pumped to get my butt kicked *

How did you get on?
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    Day 5 complete. Not sore anymore and.still sweating a ton. I feel like I look thinner but im not surei am gooing to remeasure on day ten. Hoeveryone
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    I've been doing it most days for about three weeks. At first I was using cans of tomatoes as weights, they don't weigh much so it wasn't long before I upgraded to 1.5kg weights (I think I'm ready to move up to 2kg now). I did level one about ten times, then level two about ten times, then switched from tomato cans to proper weights and found it a challenge so I'm just repeating level 1 now. So I'm doing it in a roundabout fashion. I didn't measure myself before. The weight didn't really shift for the first week or two but now it is shifting. And I feel stronger and more toned. I love the shred. I hate it, too.
  • Purplepeater
    Purplepeater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just completed day two of level 1, got a bit of a way to go, but can't wait to get measured again at the end of 30 days. Can I just ask, what did you log 30ds as, cardio or strength?
  • csmith9320
    Options
    I am on day 3 and yesterday was probably the worst day ever. I could not even sit down without moaning. And walking up and down stairs almost brought me to tears. But I can definitely tell that there is something going on, especially in my legs and arms. I can feel the muscles that used to never be there. It's a lot better on day 3, but it will get harder on level 2 & 3. But I am ready.
  • sian_1989
    Options
    I'm now on day 6, you suddenly get a breakthrough day where it doesn't hurt half as much and ti becomes a lot easier. I think by the time I get to day 10 I'll be ready to move on, if not before!
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    great program, I did the 30 day shred in Feb. followed it for 30 days 4 days on level 1 then felt ready to move up, had to spend longer on level 2 so was about 13 days then the remainder on level 3. I had 1 rest day a week and had great results. Only lost 4.5lbs over the 30 days but lost 6 inches from legs/waist/ hips/ tummy. A brilliant workout- cant shout about it enough. I am now a big Jillian fan and have moved on to ripped in 30.

Wont post pictures as I still have a wobberly baby belly but there is definately a different as it has really gone in and love handles shrunk. GOOD LUCK.. X
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    I have finished the 30D Day Shred and recently have started it once more.

I have a lot of respect for the program and Jillian. It has worked for me. Of course it was with calorie counting and some other exercise now and then too, but I lost 25 pounds in two months.

But the thing about the 30DS is that it's not just the weight. Your body changes. Due to not logging/eating a lot/not exercising, over the past few months I have gained back 15 of the 25 pounds that I have lost, but THE CHANGE IS NOT VERY NOTICEABLE. Meaning, people don't notice really that I have gained back that much weight and I look much better than when I was at that same weight before doing 30DS.

Yes, I did gain weight back, but considering I did it for 30 days and managed to not gain back *everything* for the SIX MONTHS that followed with very little exercise...it shows that 30DS definitely changes your body for the better and the results are longer lasting than you'd think.

I threw up when I first did it (and without weights on the first day). Going back to it now it was hard but I didn't throw up. I did up to Day 5 (skipped today, will be back tomorrow) and I can already feel the difference.

Good luck to everyone - it's worth it, I promise.
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of level 1 and i've lost 6lb so far and my belly as changed so much already. I will post pictures after the 30 Days are finished. I know the first 3 days are the worst but so worth it.
    I'm looking forward to level 2 - any tips?
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    ok so i will be starting day 8 tonight of level 1. i am feeling good. not really out of breath at all other than a tiny but after the cardio sets. i am not sore anymore. my issue....i have gained a pound and a half. since starting last monday. i am eating healthy drinking my water. ugh. i just dont get it. and after 7 days of this i have only lost at most an inch on my thighs and calves and .5 inches on my waist and hips. what the heck am i doing wrong? it is very frustrating for me. i know i shouldnt expect results right away but from the sounds of it, everyone is seeing results better than mine. after we work out i have a protein shake also. then go to bed. is there something else i should factor in or should i switch things around? i will not give up that is for sure...ive made it this far. im thinking i may move up to level 2 maybe this is too easy for my body...even though it hurts while im doing it at the time. thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated ladies....
  • kjmoney
    kjmoney Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also having some knee issues! They really only hurt during jumping jacks! I'm very mindful about doing my lunges/squats correctly so I don't think it's from that. I am on Day 8 and haven't taken any breaks either. I was also going to try 10 days per level.

Glad you're sticking through it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!