do you count calories before or after you eat

Options
just wondering :)

Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When i can, i plan my daily intake so that i won't go over :) but if i'm in a hurry i plan them after..
  • sanaroph
    sanaroph Posts: 16
    Options
    I plan by looking at nutritional content before I eat. This is particularly important if we are eating out
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Always before. Otherwise when I eat, I think I'm probably just going over my limit. It kind of ruins the meal when I'm trying to be good...
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Before most days. Makes it easier to see what I can eat that day.
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    Before, and if I don't eat everything I recorded, I just edit later. :)
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    For the last like month or so I've been planning out my meals every morning. It was driving me insane though to plan all of it. So instead I just put in things either as I eat them or I'll put them in if I know I want to eat them later, but I don't obsess over it anymore.
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    Always well before. I like to do it first thing in the morning or last thing the night before so I cna plan my meals for the day, what I am going to eat and when.
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I plan all my meals before hand...everything is done in the morning so that l know what l am eating all day and how many cals everything is.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Almost always after.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, it's before. That way I know what I'm putting into my mouth and if I have the "allowance" for it.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Depends on my day. If I don't have much to do, I track them before I eat them on my phone. If I'm all over the place with a million things to do, I tend to have to think back and record more in spurts throughout the day (I kinda eat continuously from sun up to sun down), or sometimes almost everything at the very end of the day.
  • manasunshine
    Options
    before.so idont go over
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i almost always count my meals before i eat them - and then i know what i can and can't have to keep it under the limits. keeps me on track better that way.
  • lilo1971
    lilo1971 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Before, I try to do the entire day on the morning of with what I am going to eat so it lets me know what I have left for a snack here and there through out the day if I want it.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Depends....usually as I eat. But if I am going away or eating out then I try to look at an online menu before hand so I have an idea of what I am up against! I can then work out longer or harder to make up for the splurge. Tomorrow my daughter and I are going for a girls trip overnight...so I have put in my food and exercise already...so I don't have to spend our time on the computer.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    After. But I do add them as the day goes on so I know what I have left. If I am high before dinner, the I make dinner lower in calories and no night snack
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    I don't tend to plan my meals, but if I'm not in a rush when I decide what I want to eat I'll enter it before I go and make it on the off chance I want to make adjustments to the recipe or whatever. I just tend to make sure I save 400cals for dinner (lunch and breakfast I don't care what they come to) and then after dinner I might make a snack if I'm hungry and have cals left (like tonight I had 200cals left so going to be having some homemade sourdough yum!). I would plan in advance if I like making certain meals but I just tend to grab whatever seems most appealing or easiest to make instead.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I used to always put them in before, but now I'm pretty comfortable putting them in after. I eat the same things for the most part so I can stay on target without needing to log first.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Most days I prelog the whole day, so I can stay on track.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I put them in before if I've planned it and had time. But usually that doesn't happen. I manage to stay within my calories for most days by eating reasonable portions. But if I log everything and it ends up being over, I just make up for it by cutting a little the rest of the week. As long as I make my goal for the week, I'm happy.